Matthew Lesko Book Help

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 06:47 pm
Hello. Which Lesko book dshould you purchase/read/use if you're an artist, cartoonist and/or writer? Free Money to Pay Your Bills, or Free Money to Change Your Life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,461 • Replies: 13
No top replies

squinney

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 07:00 pm
NEITHER!

It's all info that is available on the WWW. Federal money usually (read very much always) goes to States, not individuals. States disperse to groups. Groups disperse to individuals.

Check with your state and local / county governments to see what grants are available. If dispersed through groups / organizations, the state or county can tell you who to contact for your area of interest. Or call your local art groups and ask them if they know of any grants available.

Don't waste your money on the Lesk0 books.

BTW, I have studied this and written my own ebook on it. I also bought Lesko's books several years ago. Couldn't make heads or tails of it.

That's just my opinion.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:52 pm
Why shouldn't I bother which either book? I want to know which one is a better resource, before I borrow it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:12 pm
I took a book about foundation grants and fellowships from my local libray-does either book list any art-, cartoonist- or writer-related that's different?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
Quinney, I'm not interested in buying either book-but which book should I use?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 01:45 pm
Can someone here please tell me what book I should look at?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 03:18 pm
Squinney, I'm assuming you've read both books. Which one should I use? I'm not interested in your opinion.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 03:23 pm
Her opinion is exactly what you asked for. Which one should you use. Duh.

And I agree. Easy money doesn't exist.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:31 pm
JGoldman - It has been several years since I purchased the books, and I do not have them handy. What I received was a couple of telephone style books with page after page of agency names, addresses, and phone numbers. But, as pointed out above, you can get the same info online.

For more information go to:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa060400a.htm

http://www.grants.gov/

http://www.firstgov.gov/
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:31 pm
Which of the two Lesko Books listed is More Comprehensive?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:34 pm
Squinney, are you a dictionary expert perchance?
0 Replies

anon123x

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:44 pm
JGoldman10 wrote:
Which of the two Lesko Books listed is More Comprehensive?

Here's the deal on these books.. I have about 6 of them. I like how he frames the material into something more interesting than some gov't worker. For ex: "Free Money For Medical bills" sounds alot better than the "Hollis-Smoot Act of 1905"...

Anyway...

Free Money to Pay Your Bills... Good book if you or your family needs a guide on medical, legal, rent etc... However it's a little bit old and as the book says, the phone numbers/programs change frequently...

Free Money to Change Your Life... A Very old title, don't buy it.

His women's only titles are also quite good but they too are aging a bit.

There are several new titles within the last year:

Free Money For Real Estate
Free Money To Quit Your Job
Money Finders for Business in Your State
Free Money For Business

For you, I would check out the Jobs book and/or the Business title for your state. I have the Jobs book and I would say it's an update to the "Change Your Life Book".

Many of the titles mentioned aren't easy to locate except directly. So if you are looking to go cheap... try a library there is bound to be a least one of these books in there. Or he's online at

Matthew Lesko

Personally I buy directly from him since the books always arrive with extra stuff, the gurantee is good and I like his newsletters.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 05:35 pm
Suinney, specifically, do you have any info as to who to contact for grants and fellowships for cartoonists, (Comic book) artists and writers, in general and for minorities, besides the Xeric Foundation?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:59 pm
I went to the Lesko Site, and between "Free Money to Change Your Life" and "Free Money To Quit Your Job", I was told "Free Money To Quit Your Job" is the best one to look at.
0 Replies