What what will they do with Frank? House of Cards

chai2

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 03:48 pm
I read today they are working on making a final 8 episodes, of course without Spacey.

Obvious solution would be assassination....too obvious.

What else?
Suicide?
It was all a dream (a la Rosanne)?

Ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 560 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 04:25 pm
@chai2,
He gets removed from office for gross sexual misconduct. (perhaps a little too close to home)

Is taken hostage in a foreign country where he was to help negotiate a peace treaty.

Abducted by aliens,. In this, either the spaceship vanishes into another galaxy or universe, or the ship blows up leaving Frankie dead, dead, dead.
(Ship can blow up from internal flaws or by nuclear warhead sent to it from earth)

He leaves a detailed journal explaining he can't do this anymore and "disappears" without a trace.
chai2

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 06:03 pm
@Sturgis,
The problem is, he's going to have to disappear, bam, and not be seen again, or have any sort of communication.

Your last suggestion is what I was thinking about suicide.

Either suddenly gaining a conscience and not being able to live with himself, or simply seeing it as a viable next step.

They could just replace Frank, like they did in Betwitched. All of a sudden, one morning, there was a new Darren. I don't know, maybe Spacey has the rights to his character.

Any of these solutions seem rather lame though, considering how HOC was ususally able to pull off something you didn't see coming.

Honestly, I feel bad for the people who acted or otherwise worked on the show who were suddenly out of a good job.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 10:53 pm
"Frank", the character, doesn't have to go anywhere.

I think Christopher Plummer would be great for the role.
chai2

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 11:17 pm
@Kolyo,
The problem is Plummer is 88 years old. He might be in fine shape (I don’t know) but I think it might be a bit much for the roll.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2018 11:28 pm
I googled actors in their 50’s and 60’s.

Tommy Lee Jones
Willem Defoe

Or if you want the super creepy factor, John Malkovich.

I could so see Claire married to Malkovich.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 05:46 am
@chai2,
I think they are going to kill the character off. Probably through assasination since that is the closest fit to reality. The thing about real assanitations is that they occur out of the blue with no warning. They don’t have to fit into any political machinations either in reality or in fiction. It looks like an easy way out for the writers to me.

(But I do so wish for an alien invasion and abduction, that would put Netflix on top forever Smile )
chai2

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 09:31 am
@rosborne979,
The easiest solution I think would be to let Spacey come back and finish the thing.

We all know within 4 years, probably less, he’ll be acting again after he gives a few apologies. Why not just step up this arbitrary time table?

Yeah getting him killed off would be the easiest for writers, easy and lazy.

Was it realistic that Frank personally pushed Zoe under a train?

No, but was very entertaining.

I just hope this won’t be one of these “let’s get this over with” things.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 11:46 am
@chai2,
They're not going to replace the actor at this point. It would be easier to kill the character off-screen and before the first episode of the last season.
chai2

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 01:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
You're a fuddy duddy Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 02:23 pm
@Kolyo,
the best jokes are all about Plummer replacing K.S.
chai2

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 07:52 pm
@ehBeth,
KS?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2018 08:06 am
@chai2,
KS as being Kevin Spacey. The only reason this thread exists?

Christopher Plummer replaced Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World. And he deservedly earned his Oscar nomination in the process.
chai2

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:41 am
@tsarstepan,
Sorry must have been brain dead at that moment
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2018 12:25 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Sorry must have been brain dead at that moment

S'alright.

As a digression (though I haven't seen any House of Cards - Brit or US versions), I'm positive you'd love All the Money in the World if you're a fan of House of Cards. Lots of political maneuvering and backstabbing between the main individuals involved with getting John Paul Getty's grandson from his kidnappers: John Paul Getty (the billionaire grandfather), Gail Harris, the beleaguered mother, and Fletcher Chase the liaison and Getty henchman between the two feuding family members.

If you don't see it in ... three months time... I may never speak or write to you again. Take that challenge if you will. Wink

tsarstepan wrote:

Christopher Plummer replaced Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World. And he deservedly earned his Oscar nomination in the process.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What what will they do with Frank? House of Cards
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 11:57:40