I'm so torn and confused; I feel like running away!

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:04 pm
I posted recently about great angst making a decision between 2 men who love me. One is financially stable, educated and doesn't put too much pressure on me to meet him (he lives a distance from me); but we usually see each other most weekends (Sat and Sun). The problem is not only the distance (which we discussed and can probably compromise by living somewhere in between); but he is already 67 y/o and while he is in good health generally, I am aware that as you age, more health issues develop (I lost my husband 6 yrs ago to illness and he was only 57). We also don't have much of a satisfying sex life since he is "challenged" in that way; but he tries.
With the other man, I feel much more attraction (physically); we have a good sex life; he has a good sense of humor and I believe he loves me to "my core" and would do almost anything with me. But unlike the other guy, he has very modest savings for retirement and collects social security and works but gets only a very modest salary. In my heart, I feel that I belong with him but I'm so freaked out about having to support him especially after he no longer can or desires to work (he says he wants to work until 70). he doesn't make enough to save much for retirement and historically, has had money issues but that's improved slightly b/c he listens to my advice (sometimes). He wants to move in with me; and get married this year. I have a sizeable home and assets but not enough to take care of him and my 2 adult kids. He has lied about his finances in the past but I believe that he is being truthful now.

I feel paralyzed by this situation. I don't want to be alone (for sure); I don't want to be with 2 guys but rather be settled. I've told the 2nd guy about the 1st guy and understandably, he wants me to stop seeing him now.

If there's not much chemistry with the first guy but I do care for him, do I overlook that for the peace of mind that he has enough money to take care of himself?

If there's much more chemistry and feeling/love for the 2nd guy, do I take a chance with him; have him move in with me and possibly marry him?

What would you do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 341 • Replies: 1

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:17 pm
@veryuncertain,
Have you two met?
https://able2know.org/user/tornbetween2lovers/
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm so torn and confused; I feel like running away!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:21:26