When You Were A New Poster On A2K

Francis

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:29 pm
Maybe you could help me doing so, Ehbeth.
I can speak six languages (some less good than others), all european, but I dont know any Chinese.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:48 pm
lol, my failed joke in the "which is the best part of sex? (keep it non-graphic)" thread

djjd62
Seasoned Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:51 pm
when you get a good connection

and the pages load quickly

Wiyaka
Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:02 pm

djjd62 wrote:
when you get a good connection

and the pages load quickly

Huh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 02:51 pm
I miss Wiyaka and Sam. I think they were going to move to a reservation further west.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:01 pm
I miss them too.

I was an early poster on a2k and knew right away I'd stay, since I knew a lot of folks from the other forums.

Panzade, it's hard to fathom you've been around less than a year - it seems like forever!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:03 pm
Francis is a guy? http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif

For some reason I always pictured Francis as a woman.
Intellectual, reserved, and always polite.
------

When I was new (not too long ago) I was hiding in the
english sub for a while, then whatever sub I wrote in,
I was welcomed so nicely by everyone. Especially
Piffka comes to mind with her new love - the MAC computer. Wink

It indeed is a nice forum, a save haven away from all
the loud boards that are saturated by teenagers and their
own lingo.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
CJ,

For some reason I dont know, some people in this forum, thought so! (Europeans dont mistake, Francis is a man's name)

I confirm, I'm a guy! I dont see incompatibility with being "intellectual, reserved and always polite"!

Thanks CJ!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:21 pm
Hmm - like Beth, I was never really "new" here - cos I had established relationships with people at other sites.

I can recall being new on Abuzz (where lots of us met) though! I was new to the net, too - and I remember tippy toeing around, half terrified that some mad person might somehow leap out, and half terrified by the fact that so many people knew each other.

I hung out in Pets for a bit - posting cautiously - then I dared to ask a question!!!!

Then - discovered Miscellaneous - and all the lovely nuts there - and I was hooked.

It IS daunting, though - if you are new to the net. I can't imagine finding another site so inspiring of nerves now, though, even if I was new. I think once you have managed to cope with one site, it is easier to manage others.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:33 pm
Just admit that I'm the reason you all come here.

I'm the man.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:46 pm
I initially signed on to A2K for the sole purpose of thanking Craven and complimenting him for the brilliant job of explaining something or other. I had wondered in after confirming I'm a genius on one of those test your brainpower sites... that seem to always check to see if you're dumb enough to pay them for the proof.Laughing That was done by PM... and outside of Chess or Backgammon was the first thing I'd done by way of chat.

Next I ran across a political thread opened by a guy who was Pistoff. Laughing Literally! :wink: So, I jumped in the mosh-pit, spat "Wake up pal", and strarted throwing shoulders, knees and elbows... and as they say, the rest is history!

I've since learned to enjoy lots of stuff other than the pit, like some of the most stimulating discussions I've ever had, met people who's knowledge base and ability to deliver it is nothing short of staggering to me, and I'm now intimately familiar enough with literally hundreds of posters positions that I could probably Identify a fair share of the posts here without name or avatar (perhaps someone should start one of those never-ending games on that.)

I've met no A2Kers in person so I can't say if would be weird. I doubt it, because that's me in my Avatar and I am what I am. I feel tighter connections with some A2Kers and am certain I would (will?) miss them if I leave. I'll probably be next to take an extended leave because I'm bored out of skull in the non-A2K world and have been thinking about making some serious changes.

I frequently regret things I say hereÂ… mostly because they are misunderstoodÂ… but sometimes just because they are stupid, snotty or mean. I apologize if I think it appropriate and move on just like I would anywhere else.

I think that covers the questions and would only add that I'm quite grateful to Craven for providing me the opportunity to meet so many fine people who collectively have taught me so much. I know this isn't new to Abuzzers, but it's been a very unique experience in my life and while I'm ready for a change, I wouldn't want to just forget about all the wonderful people I've met here.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:49 pm
Remember my first post? Huh? I don't remember my first kiss or my first drink and sometimes I forget my first name.

But I do remember that ehBeth was originally e-Beth on Abuzz (and mistletoe-Beth for one Xmas season), that Roger was akaRoger and -- as she has already admitted -- Montana was Gezzy. For the longest time I thought that Gezzy was pronounced with a hard 'g', only to have her reveal she pronounced in 'Jezzy.' All in all, I'm glad she changed it to Montana. Hard to mispronounce.

I think my first post said something like, "Okay, okay, you all talked me into it. I'm here."
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:52 pm
Speaking of Sam, when she first posted here I did a Kicky- hit-on-the-newbie and she fairly bristled in indignation. OOPS...I never did talk to her again. Needless to say I don't do the Lothario bit til they're a little seasoned.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:53 pm
O'Bill, we would miss you badly. What, are you going into a monastery?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:54 pm
Actually, Merry it appears to have been:

"Muito obrigado, kind sir."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 03:58 pm
Hmmm, I can't find my first post. I went to your posts, got 66 pages, went to 66 and then, nada.

Harrumph.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:00 pm
Appears, Osso, to be:

"I love this site, Craven, thank you for all your effort."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
Aw, how sweet! (And still true.)
I did find my first Question -
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=892
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:08 pm
ossobuco wrote:
O'Bill, we would miss you badly. What, are you going into a monastery?
Don't know for sure yet, but that's unlikely. :wink: Maybe I'll do some Wabbit hunting Down Under. Idea

I forgot that Panz was the one who went on bugging about cliques! Laughing How very out of character. I also recall your Kicky thing... and that reaction didn't fit anything you'd said. She was the one coiled there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:08 pm
Ah, I checked via my profile, which says I have 15209 posts, hmmm. Anyway, I got this for a first one -

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't reread many books, as I always have books on hand that I haven't yet read. But one I would like to reread is Burr. I could probably reread a number of Vidal's books. I had quite a little collection of them, but gave them away when I moved.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:10 pm
And I remember how gallantly you rushed to my defense....ah waxing on the olden days
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2005 04:17 pm
dlowan wrote:
Actually, Merry it appears to have been:

"Muito obrigado, kind sir."

Hmmm...must'a been talking to Craven.

How do you come up with these embarassing reminiscences so fast, Deb?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 01:21:01