Indian Diaries of worldly and streetsmart travelers

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:33 pm
Dasha - that's great stuff! I think I will keep my copy. I'll print it and read it to Silvi and Cole when they're old enough. I don't want you to leave Boston!

Kicky, do keepa diary. It's something I rarely do when I travel and always wish I had done.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:04 pm
So... tell me. Aren't those Malayalam boyz just scrumptious? I sure hope to high heavens none of them are reading this, but chances are slim.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:33 pm
Aw, why not let them in on it....?

Feeling any better today?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:31 pm
who, the boyz? I would let them in, anytime! or you mean why not announce to the whole world that i came back with a serious crush on two twenty year old best friends? well, there it is.
i am exhausted - went to bed at 7am, now am tryin Valerian root pills, waiting for them to kick in. Will probably get into bed with a book and wait for inspiration to fall asleep.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:51 am
Your picture of the tea fields has been haunting me. I'm impressed with the delicate greens and having trouble believing that people would sweat in such a picturesque landscape.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 08:31 pm
They don't sweat, Noddy. They are all divine, I swear! So many people have been warning me about b/o, but the only one person that stank was a French guy on the way over there. And meself after a day of trekking, but that was taken care of before anyone got near me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:58 pm
Oriental dignity is complicated, but very satisfactory.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:07 pm
thanks - great photos and very evocative, added to your diary it is fantastic.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:50 pm
aww thank you. it was a blast. i am sooo back as soon as i am rich. or find someone to pay for the trip.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 10:28 pm
Well well well. It seems that there will be an installment of 'Dagglepuss does India" #2. It seems I'll be going in July again. I....CAN'T... WAIT!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 10:30 pm
OK, that's good now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 10:37 pm
Wowsa! That's great news.... wait, aren't you supposed to be in Vienna in July?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 10:40 pm
Dag--

Success breeds opportunity.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:15 pm
lk, i'm leaving for vienna at the end of july. it's like this: may 14 -may 21 san francisco (where i'll have a shitload of work meetings, but also my nephew, sister, and bro inlaw) , then i teach last two weeks in june, then india for 10 days, then i teach again for two weeks (those are ten 2 hours a day workshops), then i go to vienna.
confession of why i am excited beyond belief: while in bombay the last time, i happened to meet a young talented writer over a dinner once (it's in my diary). we kept in touch, i read his stuff, and to make the story short, all i wish for is to create progeny with this young man for forever. but he, although my age, is famous and am sure has a sizeable fanclub around himself. still can't wait to see him again!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 11:42 pm
Pleased by your ventures...

I'd like to meet you in Sf but I am busy and you are busy, so let's have a vicarious glass of some sort at the top of some place... oh, the old top of the Mark Hopkins. Neither of us will be there, but a spirited tip of the glass just the same.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 10:14 am
Oh, if it's like that, we should not only have a glass, but a whole dinner- starting with champagne and caviar, thinly crusted and seared tuna sashimi (you know what i mean, whatsitcalled), a three course dinner involving a braised rabbit, and a death by chocolate desert!

still, if you're around and have five minutes, a cup of coffee would do. i'll be running between walnut creek and SF downtown, but who knows...

already researching flights to bombay. can't wait to see my writer, who has no idea he is going to become my husband yet. or at least a father of my children. or a platonic lover, yeah, that's the one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 04:20 pm
Platonic lover has such a nice ring to it. Too bad. I hope he becomes more for your sake (and your mother's <snicker>)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 04:36 pm
Yes, my mother's sanity is at stake here.
Not to mention that he is the stuff of dreams. Well, my dreams anyway. I'm already thinking whether I can have three citizenships - Slovak, which I want to keep, American, which I need for work, and Indian, for fun. I know of double citizenship...but triple?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:35 pm
dag, there's some info hereon triple citizenships...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:10 pm
yay, thanks. if only the object of my affection had the faintest idea i intend to marry him!
0 Replies