Is God competent or incompetent?

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:20 pm
Is God competent or incompetent?

We are told in scriptures that evil begets evil and good begets good. God, as our creator, according to scriptures, creates us all as sinners, which many see as evil.

God can thus be seen and judged as being the original sinner since the fruits of his labor (us) went bad or are born bad. A tree is known by its fruits. What else could come from a sinner tree but sin?

I give God a fail on competence for the following reasons.
God created heaven that produced Satan. Fail.
God created Eden which produced Original Sin. Fail.
God had to reboot creation with Noah’s flood. Fail.
God sent his son to forgive mankind instead of stepping up himself. Fail, for moral reasons.
God also had to create hell for his rejects which scriptures say will be the vast majority of us. Fail.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds and if we believe that, then the Christian God would obviously be rejected by Jesus and agree with my fail judgement.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 450 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:30 pm
God...or whatever you think might be...created a terrarium. The things in the terrarium interact and do things. For humans, there is a matter if free will. It is said God allows us to make choices. We make our own decisions.

Eve decided to hand Adam the apple, Adam chose to take a bite. God was not at fault there. The 2 had been asked not to do it and disobeyed; therefore, they were kicked out of the garden in the middle of the night with nary a stitch of clothing.

Flooding by God causing the entire thing to need to restarted? No. Noah and his wife and their children and the partners of the children were all on the boat. Peoplekind was not wiped out.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:32 pm

...and who created God? Maybe that is where you should focus your energies. God is clearly not at the top of the food chain.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:37 pm
@Greatest I am,
Who ever designed the human knee was definitely incompetent.

(And as the old joke goes... who would put a recreation area right next to a toxic waste outlet.)
fresco

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 01:48 am
@Greatest I am,
What you are really asking is 'does a God concept make sense in anthropomorhic terms ?'; the fall back theological answer to which is 'He moveth in mysterious ways. '
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 02:04 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

God...or whatever you think might be...created a terrarium. The things in the terrarium interact and do things. For humans, there is a matter if free will. It is said God allows us to make choices. We make our own decisions.

Eve decided to hand Adam the apple, Adam chose to take a bite. God was not at fault there. The 2 had been asked not to do it and disobeyed; therefore, they were kicked out of the garden in the middle of the night with nary a stitch of clothing.

Flooding by God causing the entire thing to need to restarted? No. Noah and his wife and their children and the partners of the children were all on the boat. Peoplekind was not wiped out.

God put Satan in Eden and id thus to blame for Eve's temptation.

That is irrefutable.

I follow the, better than Christian, Jewish thinking of Eden.

It was where man was elevated and not where he fell.

Why do you see man developing a moral sense as our fall instead of our elevation?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 02:06 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

...and who created God? Maybe that is where you should focus your energies.

It is no secret to intelligent people that all the Gods are created by men.

Only the gullible think otherwise.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 02:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Who ever designed the human knee was definitely incompetent.

(And as the old joke goes... who would put a recreation area right next to a toxic waste outlet.)

I hear you and agree.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 02:11 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

What you are really asking is 'does a God concept make sense in anthropomorhic terms ?'; the fall back theological answer to which is 'He moveth in mysterious ways. '

Yes, something that cannot be said in a truthful way of God as nothing can be know of such supernatural entities.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 03:58 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
...all gods are created by men.

If this is the case, then it doesn't matter what happened in the biblical texts. Eve, Satan, Noah and the rest would also be fictional.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2018 04:16 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:

I suppose in that case the question should read -- "Are men incompetent". Based on the gods they create, I would have to say...
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:24 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:

If this is the case, then it doesn't matter what happened in the biblical texts. Eve, Satan, Noah and the rest would also be fictional.

It matters quite a bit if you are a gay or woman effected by the homophobia and misogyny that most religions promote.

Are there any gays or women in your family?

Ask them what they think of religious homophobia and misogyny.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is God competent or incompetent?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:38:54