He's Gone ... my best friend

Linkat

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:49 am
My dog of eight years is gone. He was my best friend.

Sorry Koda that I let you down and couldn't find you in time. You found me when I was (at least in your mind) lost in women's shower at camp. You snuck out of the enclosed tent (your escape artist tacits that was so endearing worked against the other day) tracked me down so I would not be lost. But I coukdn't do the same for you no matter how hard I tried.

Why did you wander so far? You never left our safe neighborhood before. Why did you go all the way to that busy street? Why didn't you let that nice man help you find us?

My heart is broken and I am so sorry I failed you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 595 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 10:58 am
@Linkat,
I am so sorry. /hugs/
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 02:05 pm
Words alone cannot express how unhappy it makes me to read of this loss. Take the time to grieve and let out your feelings. Time will help ease the pain
0 Replies

Linkat

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 03:13 pm
Thank you for the kind words.

We had gotten a puppy just before Christmas for my daughter's as Koda was really mine and my husband's. My husband was saying to someone having the puppy has eased the pain....but not for me.

I'd rather not have him. I will take care of him as the kids love him and he is a helpless little creature but I have little attachment to him.

My husband mentioned calling the breeder that we got Koda from. I said I do not want another.

I know with time it will feel better but I so want his company.
ehBeth

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:32 pm
@Linkat,
So very very sorry to read this.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 04:50 pm
Sorry - they really are family members.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:56 pm
Sorry. I know how this feels.
0 Replies

Roberta

Sun 14 Jan, 2018 07:33 pm
So sorry to hear this.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 07:54 am
@Linkat,
My sincere sympathy on your loss. Hopefully this hurt will lessen with time.
0 Replies

firefly

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 12:01 pm
@Linkat,
So very sorry to learn of your loss.

Some of our very best friends do, indeed, walk on four legs, and, when they leave us, we grieve deeply. My sympathy for the pain you are going through now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 05:06 pm
I remember telling him all the time -you are so good. He really was so good. These wonderful creatures have such pure hearts. We (as humans) are undeserving of their devotion and love, but yet they still adore us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 15 Jan, 2018 07:36 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I know with time it will feel better but I so want his company.

I've been thinking about this since I first read this sentence.

Koda's the one you miss and he's really the only one who can make it better.

It is I think the very worst part of missing our companions.

Really truly sending you a virtual hug.
Linkat

Sat 20 Jan, 2018 07:39 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you. I still get teary eyed. Sometimes I "hear" him. It is hard in the morning when he greets me and when I come home.

The thing is people come out of the woodwork. We find out that someone accidently ran over their own dog and someone else training a dog that decided to just run off into the streeet.

Makes you realize you cannot fully understand why these happen just bad circumstances .
0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 1 Oct, 2021 08:09 am
Even with two other dogs now - I still miss him.

I loved that guy.
PUNKEY

Fri 1 Oct, 2021 12:20 pm
@Linkat,
Sorry to hear that. Some animals are dearer to us than others. My Zeus made me feel safe when I was just divorced with three little ones. I have never forgotten that devotion.
Linkat

Fri 1 Oct, 2021 12:27 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks yes certain fur pals … even though they are all special… really are just that much more special.

He was that one for me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » He's Gone ... my best friend
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:40:07