morbidly obese needs help

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 04:07 pm
I;m over 30stone and i desperately need someone to help me, i'm depressed as hell and housebound, suffering with emphysema, PLEASE is there anyone out there who can help me, slimmiing world and weightwatchers didnt help

jespah

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 04:28 pm
@mazbaileyz,
Contact your doctor. Since I don't know your gender, I might get some of this wrong, so I apologize in advance.

I am female and had horribly painful periods and trouble with weight. Turns out I have PCOS - which is very, very treatable. Taking metformin helps a bit with weight loss; probably to the tune of 2 - 4 pounds/month. May not sound like a lot but it's better than gaining. Of course if you're male then ignore this paragraph.

Also talk to your doctor about welbutrin as it's a depression medication which has a side effect of weight loss. Again, it's not a huge 'cure'. It's more like another 2 - 4/month but again, that's a lot better than gaining or maintaining.

Given that you're probably not going to be a good candidate for surgery (This is because of your emphysema. I know that breathing issues tend to contraindicate a lot of types of surgery. Note: I am not a doctor), you'll need to get creative.

A few things you can do:
  • Drink water! This is instead of anything you drink now, such as soda (even diet), beer, etc. A little flavoring is okay. Something like Crystal light is generally about 5 calories/serving.
  • Keep track of what you eat. Get a diary and start writing, or fill it out online at a place like SparkPeople. Get a record going of what you really eat and be honest with yourself. A full month's worth of information should be eye-opening.
  • Often a diet for diabetics can be helpful, even if you aren't one or even pre-diabetic, so ask your doctor to recommend such a program.
  • Also ask for a referral to a registered dietitian. Have an honest conversation with them about what you eat.
  • If there is any way to get outside, then do so, even if briefly, as many days as you can. Sunlight is helpful for depression (albeit not a cure) and a bit of activity is probably going to be a good thing for you.
  • Also talk to your doctor about an exercise program, such as with a physical therapist. Frame it as needing functional fitness, such as being able to make sure you can get up if you fall. Even a few brief sessions with a PT are an opportunity to ask questions.
  • If a PT is not in the cards, then look at YouTube videos and check out ways to exercise with your condition. I found this site on my first look: https://www.everydayhealth.com/copd/6-keys-to-living-well-with-emphysema.aspx Print articles like that out and bring them to your doctor and ask - is it all right for me to do this? What are the specifics? How do I get started?
Finally, hang in there. I used to be 24.7 stone and have an idea of what you're feeling and going through.

You are worth taking care of. You are worth getting healthy.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 06:01 pm
@mazbaileyz,
mazbaileyz wrote:
30stone
slimmiing world
weightwatchers

Female and British, I'd say. There may be help available from the NHS. It wouldn't hurt to see your GP.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » morbidly obese needs help
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:37:13