Should I take the risk of going to a private institution?

hqnaaa

Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:39 am
I have been thinking of applying to a private institution I'll call A. I have applied to others too, but I have bigger chances of getting accepted in A than the government ones I've applied too. Since it is an art college, the fees is approx 1800000 bucks for the entire course of 4 years, accommodations aside, since I'll have to move to another city to attend it.
My father is retired, so he cannot afford the money, but they have said that they would be willing to take a loan for my sake.
So, living in India, I know for sure that after I complete my UG, I won't get a job that will pay me enough to repay my loan easily, since artists have a very hard time getting jobs here. And aside from that, I've also had a dream of studying out of the country, and I really don't want to do a job without completing my Masters.
A however is a very, very reputed college. I do want to attend it, but I don't want to end up getting a job and repaying the loan, and never being able to study my Masters.
So should I attend it? Or should I keep the money and maybe apply again for the government colleges next year, since they have better placements?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,535 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

PUNKEY

Thu 11 Jan, 2018 08:43 pm
Attend a prestigious university for your Masters.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 11 Jan, 2018 11:12 pm
@hqnaaa,
What are your chances into getting into a masters program from a private institution? Here, it would be very unlikely.

Go to a university that has a good placement rate. Work. Earn money. Then apply to do your masters. A lot of universities prefer grad students who've had real life experience.
0 Replies