Short distance moving hacks needed... please.

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 01:29 pm
I may be moving a half a mile from my present apartment to a new residence. Does anyone have a relatively easy method to move such a relative short distance (other than renting a Uhaul truck which will have parking as the biggest obstacle at both ends)?

Thankfully, I don't have any furniture ... just boxes of stuff which I will whittle down a little bit from now until the end of the month.

Just brainstorming here. I will likely take the day off and scurry back and forth by foot using a decently sized four wheel dolly I will borrow from the firm.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,240 • Replies: 3

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 01:45 pm
Hire some neighbor kids to carry boxes back and firth. Have reliable adults at both anchor spots.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 02:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
Call an Uber van - they can pull over somewhere close enough for you to hump the stuff in and out quickly. Have a friend at each end to watch the stack while you're in transit. Not as cheap as a Uhaul but takes up a lot less space.
0 Replies

Ubert

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 04:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Friends, pizza, and a six pack would be my recommendation.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Short distance moving hacks needed... please.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:48:46