Deicide or Cannibal Corpse

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:19 pm
whats going on? which band would do you like to listen to better? Deicide or Cannibal Corpse? both are major icons in the death metal community. I would personally prefer Cannibal Corpse (with Barnes or CorpseGrinder) , just because i like their style better. i do like Deicide a lot though, and i agree with them in their lyrics, but it gets old to here Glen Benton sing about basically the same thing in every song, so my answer, Cannibal Corpse
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,570 • Replies: 15
No top replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:09 pm
Death metal isn't good. I like melodic death metal like sacramentum and Insomnium a lot more. Opeth also is probably my favorite metal band. But out of the two bands you ahve there, Deicide is better. Although if we consider Eternal Tears of Sorrow death metal then I do liek them.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:05 pm
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:43 pm
Obviously me since i made the comment...
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:57 pm
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 06:15 pm
Quote:
You must be that expert.

Nah.. Would be cool but I was just stating an opinion.

Quote:
make a claim that a form of music sucks

Never said "sucks". I reserve that for Good Charlotte lol. I even stated a Death Metal band I like: Eternal Tears of Sorrow (sounds emo but it isn't trust me) which is a Finnish band. To anyone whos interested check out their album Chaotic Beauty.

I merely said "death metal isn't good" which except for the aforementioned band it really isnt. Melodic death metal which is similar but guitars tend to carry melodies is much better IMO. Check out Insomium's album The Halls of Awaiting which is one of my all-time favorite albums. Another example of a melodic death metal band is The Haunted which, accoding to the threadstarters sig, he already likes.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:25 pm
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:35 pm
Out of the two you suggested, my choice would be Cannibal Corpse. Tighter riffs. That is my taste.
Though, being the all time Slayer fan I am, I would take Tom Araya's singing, Lombardo's drums over anything..

but........... im just a gurl. HA!

http://www.americanrecordings.com/slayer/images/splash/index_03.gif
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:42 pm
I'm just happy Lombardo is back. Have you checked out the Reign in Blood DVD?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
By the way

http://www.deicide.com/front/2D_trifixion.jpg
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 05:36 pm
Quote:
"I don't like death metal" is an opinion. "Death metal isn't good" is a statement meant to belittle CorpseGrinders post.

No you are reading WAY too much into one line and that is sad. I was actually hapy someone here appreciates metal. Honestly I wasn't attacking anyones ideas. wtf is your problem?
0 Replies

CorpseGrinder

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:23 pm
thanks for replying, im sorry i didnt get on for awhile... El-Diablo - u like melodic death metal... u listen to the Black Dahlia Murder, they r considered melodic dm, but one song really stands out - check out their song "Elder Misanthropy" you'll definately like them
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:26 pm
Sublime,
I do have thier reign in blood cd.
Of course, I love it. Though not as much as I thought I would. I wouldnt put it up there as one of my favorite slayer albums.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:08 pm
Black Dahlia is good. Not the best but they have soem good songs.
0 Replies

CorpseGrinder

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:16 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I wouldnt put it up there as one of my favorite slayer albums.

same... Divine Intervention in my opinion is their best
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:50 am
Quote:
Sublime,
I do have thier reign in blood cd.
Of course, I love it. Though not as much as I thought I would. I wouldnt put it up there as one of my favorite slayer albums.

No, the DVD. They released a DVD where they play the entire Reign in Blood album live in concert. From what I hear (my friend is supposed to let me borrow it but hasn't yet) it starts raining blood during that song and they play out the concert covered in blood.

I saw them last year at the Aragon here in Chicago and after they played a full set they played that entire album in order as an encore unfortunately without the blood. It was still probably the best concert that I have been to.
0 Replies