Firefox support forums

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 06:30 am
A bit of a warning as to how "helpful" the people on the firefox support forums can be. I had a valid issue after I installed Firefox 1.0 (my favorites went missing, NOT MY BOOKMARKS!). I posted a question about the issue on the forum, and the first response I got back was to me a direct insult! Quote, "Maybee they went to a smarter user, learn to live without them!".

After a few posts I was given a link to another topic on the forum, and it was about missing BOOKMARKS. For anyone who hasn't used Firefox yet, Bookmarks are firefox's version of favorites, they are stored together in an html document, not like IE's favorites, which are stored one by one. Anyway, I searched Firefox's support forum for anything that could help with my problem, and I couldn't find anything that seemed pertinent.

In short, don't expect as much help from Firefox's support forums as you would from here, and don't expect everyone to be as respecfull as they are here either. From now on, I'll be going to the Able2Know forums before I even think about the Firefox Support Forums.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 573 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
Welcome, phoenixdown, to A2K.

There are smart-alecks eveywhere (and not just online, of course). It helps to have a thick skin in such circumstances. Lots of us have adopted Mozilla of late, and are still playing with the extensions. My Java and Acrobat applications are a little buggy, but when I have something I can't solve I'm much more likely to ask for help here than anywhere else.

Nice to see that you arrived at the same conclusion. Sorry you had to take the roundabout way.
0 Replies