What is it about yourself ?

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 01:18 am
What do you think it is about yourself, not talking about looks or image, but I'm talking about certain aspects of your attitude or personality, that you express when you meet people, that you'd want to improve on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 755 • Replies: 14
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 04:48 am
Im a bit shy which leads to me seeming as tho I dont want to talk to people or really persue a conversation when all I really want is people to talk to me and ask me what I think.

Also I assume that certain people are going to insult me so I automaticly put up a defense and replies come out as insults,good in some cases but probably makes other people see me in the wrong light.

Also I tend to sit with a big frown on my face,its just the way my face goes which im sure puts peopel off approaching me and they assume im miserable.Sometimes I am, but mostly im miserable coz no one other than friends approach me.

Whinge whinge whinge,im such a moaner.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 09:50 pm
I used to have the same problem as mg, but I've managed to become more outgoing now...

However, now I'm dealing with anxiety over my appearance again. My hair, my makeup, my smile; I wonder if it'll ever look dumb or what-not Razz Illogical, since I'm always told I look fine... but I guess it's something that's carried over from my youth.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 03:36 am
Im my teens this guy, who at the time I thought was great and popular(I enventually realised he is an immature w*nker)told me that I 'put on a special smile' at times.It was amazing how he could make an insult come out like a complement.
Its been year since he said it but I stifle a genuine smile or just do a cheesy pretend one.

How could anyone slag off someones smile!!!!

Aurora dark,please try not to analyze yourself.
I feel the same way but I once read that Michelle Pfeiffer thinks she looks like a duck.If she isnt happy with her appearance what chance do the rest of us have.Shes the most beautiful duck ive ever seen!!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:01 am
patience
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 07:57 am
I'd like to improve my incredibly aweful sense of tact. I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:33 am
FreeDuck, you have such a pretty avatar.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:35 am
JP's got to make it scamper, though. I always think, "RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (What are those masked people gonna do to the poor little duckie?)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
ooooooh. I didn't noticed the masked men. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:37 am
I wouldn't change anything..I'm absolutely perfect...and I can't believe you'd be so stupid as to even consider I might need improvement...my people skills are terrific.....and another thing....oh...never mind.. Embarrassed
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:40 am
I used to worry about looks, if something was in my teeth, if they would be receptive, blah, blah, blah.

I finally hit 40 and have the opposite problem. While still being tactful and polite, I do tend to be considerably more open about stating my opinion and not really caring if it is offensive.

I love 40! I want my red hat NOW!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:42 am
My memory for names.
"George, this is Chris."
"Hi, Chris."
And at that point, my memory of Chris's name just fades away.
"Bye, George"
"So long, aaahhh..."
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:53 pm
I'd like to tone the "pocket pool" that ensues whenver I meet a woman with a prominent widow's peak.

It tends to put them on their guard, and make me look like a creep.
0 Replies

Aurora Dark

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:21 pm
material girl wrote:
Aurora dark,please try not to analyze yourself.
I feel the same way but I once read that Michelle Pfeiffer thinks she looks like a duck.If she isnt happy with her appearance what chance do the rest of us have.Shes the most beautiful duck ive ever seen!!

lol, that's completely true!

Many gorgeous women find faults in themselves... it really makes you wonder o_O So truly, there is no way to know, I suppose. Each of us is our own worst judge, almost always Laughing I am proud of those that manage to escape that Wink
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 04:30 pm
I feel I come across as a warm and outgoing person, however I've been trying not to, when first meeting people, shaking their hand with a complete limp handshake, and staring with my eyes wide open, slowly licking my lips.

It kind of freaks people out.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is it about yourself ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 05:42:37