Should I say Happy Holidays to my ex?

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 12:18 pm
My ex broke up with me in October.

She tried to get back with me a week later and I told her no and that I was happy and had moved on. I ended up sending her a lot of messages the next and the days that followed after I rejected her. A week later I told her I was struggling. She said he was too.

A few weeks after I said I was struggling I went on a date and posted a video of my date on my social media. She sent me a message saying she was hurt but loved me enough to be happy for me. I sent a question mark. She replied I'm referring to your new date. I told her I was sorry and loved her very much but we just argued too much. I sent her another text and said it's not a good idea for me to give details about what is or isn't going on in my dating life. She said I wasn't asking and wished me all the best.

Now to the card:

My mom died a year ago. She sent me a card addressed to me and the family. In the card, she said she knew the anniversary of my mom's death was coming up and everything with the holidays she imagines that it's hard and all that other good stuff. Then just signed her name at the end of the card.

I told her thanks for the card and she didn't say anything back. Should I send a happy holidays text?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 329 • Replies: 12

centrox

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 12:42 pm
@dannmann1992,
dannmann1992 wrote:
I told her thanks for the card and she didn't say anything back. Should I send a happy holidays text?

Nope. Leave it.
dannmann1992

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 12:46 pm
@centrox,
Why?
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 01:44 pm
Because if you have truly got over her you should move on.
dannmann1992

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 03:09 pm
@centrox,
I’m guessing I shouldn’t have even said thanks for the card huh? Just appreciated it in silence?
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 03:13 pm
For god's sake - be honest!

If you want to re- kindle this whole thing with her, then call and meet and tell her that.

If she won't even meet with you, then drop everything totally.

0 Replies

Vanballmoos

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 03:18 pm
@centrox,
I don’t think he wants to. I think if he really wanted to move on he wouldn’t have even said thanks for the card.

Even still OP the card sounds friendly and I wouldn’t read into it. If she wanted something more she would have said something to your thank you for the card message. I think she was just being nice. She didn’t try to open the door.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 03:44 pm
@dannmann1992,
dannmann1992 wrote:

I’m guessing I shouldn’t have even said thanks for the card huh? Just appreciated it in silence?

No, that was good, but no need to build on it further (unless you want to, which is the whole point of what I have been saying here).
centrox

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 03:48 pm
@centrox,
dannmann1992 wrote:

No, that was good, but no need to build on it further (unless you want to, which is the whole point of what I have been saying here).

Vanballmoos

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 04:04 pm
@dannmann1992,
OP are you still on her social media?
dannmann1992

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 04:06 pm
@Vanballmoos,
Yea. After our last exchange I liked her pictures and looked on her Snapchat. I’m starting to pull back on that though. I liked a picture of hers about 2.5 weeks ago. She on the other hand doesn’t look at or like any of my stuff.
Vanballmoos

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 04:10 pm
@dannmann1992,
So you posted a date on social media where you know she’s still your friend *gives you side eye*. You double text her when that’s not necessary *gives you another side eye* Then after you tell her all that you proceed to look at her social media and like her posts? *gives you super side eye*. Throughout all of this she has wished you the best and said she was happy that you moved on but doesn’t pay attention to your things like you do hers. Think about all of this OP.
0 Replies

Vanballmoos

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 04:12 pm
@centrox,
Even if OP is dying to say something to her what’s the point? The ex isn’t even interested. He is/was still on her social media liking things and she’s paying him no mind. Told him she was happy to see him move on. She sounds like she’s over him.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I say Happy Holidays to my ex?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 03:25:28