Why aren't all bathroom like this?

glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 12:20 pm
@maxdancona,
You nailed it Max, everybody is fascinated with you and hanging on tenter hooks waiting for you to reign in all the fancy pants. Yep, yep, yep, yep that’s the ticket. Merry Christmas you utterly compelling dashing bon vivant.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2017 01:38 pm
@glitterbag,
My dear Glitterbag, Setanta and the rest of the in crowd. This is a thread about bathrooms and culture. Up until Setanta's setantrum, all the posts on this thread were on topic. Now you all want to make this thread into another thread about Max. As much as that strokes my ego, another thread where the in-crowd whines about Max isn't necessary.

Again I expressed an opinion on the topic. You can ignore me, or you can engage me. This continued sniping is getting tired to anyone outside of your little clique.

Can we get back to the topic. If you can't respond intelligently to posts on topic, please put me on ignore.

This obsession with Max isn't healthy. I really wish you people who can't stand anyone expressing a different perspective on a topic would learn to use the ignore button.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 12:21 am
@maxdancona,
Merry Christmas Max
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 09:03 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This obsession with Max isn't healthy. I really wish you people who can't stand anyone expressing a different perspective on a topic would learn to use the ignore button.

Referring to oneself in the third person isn't healthy either.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 09:42 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:

Neither is claiming what the thread is about (bathrooms and culture), when you were the one that immediately hijacked the thread, making the initial comment about not only culture, but economics, and stating what is and is not acceptable for others to have.

Doesn’t matter to some if they get negative attention, just as long as they are getting attention.

Sigh. Another thread made useless.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 09:56 am
@chai2,
It was fun while it lasted. I would love to have half of these innovations in my bathroom.

Haven't taken a good soak in a Lush bubble filled bath in years.
Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:03 am
I believe I am correct in saying that the Japanese call them soaking tubs. Here's an image from a search for "Japanese soaking tub" which shows a wooden soaking tub, something they've had for many centuries:

https://d3df8ea8ea59eq.cloudfront.net/photos/6063391372700811264/6133536390907670528/small.jpg

Most of the images are for porcelain, though--but that will work, too.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:08 am
@Setanta,
Soaking tub...? That explains why one rinses oneself off with the shower head before steeping oneself in the soaking tub.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:12 am
@chai2,
My comments were appropriate in a forum that is open to the public. If you want a closed little discussion with a narrow group of people who think j like you, you have two choices.

1. Go to Facebook where you can block anyone who isn't part of your bubble.

2. Use the ignore button.

If you post in a place where anyone can respond, you aren't going to get the narrow group of rote responses you apparently want.

Some of us like hearing different ideas and perspectives. I don't know why you are posting in an open forum. If you hate people with different perspectives so much, I don't really understand why you chose to interact in a place where we exist.

The ignore button is calling.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:13 am
@Setanta,
Wouldn't the wood stay warmer?

I imagine they're coated with something for hygienic reasons?

BTW everyone, please excuse my poor spelling and or grammar in some of my posts. Was typing on my phone and I get ahead of myself.

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:13 am
@tsarstepan,
Yes, there is usually a bench on which one sits to soap up, and then rinse off before getting in the tub.
chai2

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:15 am
@Setanta,
Those Japanese, they're a clean lot.
Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:18 am
@chai2,
They make wood-fired soaking tubs:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4OajqAMEU2E/SwBHl1kcbOI/AAAAAAAAAGU/vfPYu1U1dAY/s320/Snorkel+hot+tub.jpg

That one is from a Seattle-based company, but you get the idea.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:20 am
@chai2,
Yes, and when they first encountered Europeans they thought them to be smelly and dirty.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 10:59 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I would love to have half of these innovations in my bathroom.

One thing I'd want is some sort of device or flotation system so my head wouldn't accidently go under water. Warm water, nodding off, sinking under.... even if you startled awake, couldn't be pleasant.

Also nice idea would be jets that could be directed to get to just that right spot.

Ahh....
ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 11:40 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
i.e., a drain in the floor and an extra hose to spray the wall down, with a method to keep the water from leaving the room.

this is why I've always dreamed of a home with a huge walk-in shower. Friends of my mother had one in their house in Germany back in the 1970's. Most wonderful thing. Shower, hose down. Done. I don't understand bathtubs at all so I'd very happily give up that space.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 11:44 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Also nice idea would be jets that could be directed to get to just that right spot.

oh yeah
the jets
that shower I loved in Germany had over 20 jets
brilliant
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 02:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Roger agrees.
centrox

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 02:51 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
tsarstepan wrote:
Roger agrees.

First person plural sounds unhealthy.
roger

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 02:52 pm
@centrox,
You sure you're not dealing with royalty?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:41:19