First Period After Abortion

Sarakt

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:53 pm
Hello! Here’s the scoop:
I had a surgical abortion on November 7th. I was 9 weeks and 6 days. All went well. No complications.

I started what I think was a period on December 6th (29 days after the procedure). Before my pregnancy, my periods typically lasted 4-5 days. But i have been bleeding on and off for the last 10 days (currently still using a pad). It’s not as much as my regular period, but definitely more than light spotting. I would say 2 pads a day (I could probably keep the same pad all day, but it would be full and I prefer to try to keep it cleaner). I have also had light cramping, but nothing more than usual.

Is this type of period/on and off bleeding normal after surgical abortion? Should I be concerned?

Any helpful and sincere comments much appreciated!

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2017 01:00 pm
@Sarakt,
It sounds normal for recovery bleeding - of course, talk to your primary care physician or your OB-GYN but a heavier period the first time after an abortion is normal in some cases but definitely check with a doctor to be on the safe side. See: http://www.newkidscenter.com/Period-After-Abortion.html
Sarakt

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 09:25 am
@jespah,
Thanks so much for your response! The link was very helpful. My biggest concern has been the length of the bleeding-10 days. But I’m sure it’s just my body trying to get back to normal. Once again, I appreciate the advice!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » First Period After Abortion
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:33:26