Advantages of reading novels.

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 05:49 am
That is so true....and I love re-reading good books.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 07:42 am
Books furnish a mind.
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 03:18 pm
I used to like reading novels when I was younger, all kinds of novels, and tons of them. :wink:

But now, I don't seem to have enough patience to read them, except if they are really engrossing. I don't know why, maybe because I am used now to read things like newspapers, magazines, the Internet, where the info is presented in short form, and you kind of skim over the topics, so a novel would be too long to keep my attention. With the incredible amount of info we have available on the Internet, it just seems to me there is not enough time to learn about all the things I would like to learn. So what I read has to be to the point quickly, and not go on and on and on.

I don't mean that I don't enjoy reading novels, I do, but they have to be well written novels. They don't have to be on "serious" subjects, they can just be entertaining and fun to read. I read them to "relax" my eyes, sort of. Laughing
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
Just comparing a book and a movie adapted from a book is informative. Almost always, the book is a richer experience; its readers who later see the movie will complain about all of the details and complexity the movie left out.

Its like TV news vs. a newspaper; did you know the entire text of a typical half hour news broadcast would scarcely fill two thirds of a newspaper's front page?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 11:11 am
Greyfan, I'm surprised to hear it would take up that much space.
0 Replies

Takshshila

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:14 am
Life is too short and too limited to give u all the thrills but with fiction u can lead More that one life

If u write a novel u can be a Creator of ur own World

If u feel than u can transform the fiction to feelings, the abstracts to real notions, the ideas to dreams, the words to things..................
0 Replies