User Names

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:22 am
my initials are jp and I'm in Milwaukee... I know real creative, right? Well I never had plans to hang around this long... I just typed in the first thing that came to my head to find a quote and ended up getting involoved in the F/911 thread... I haven't left... so I'm stuck with jpinMilwaukee.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:24 am
From my profile --

"Eva" was the name of an aunt, my father's sister, who died shortly before I was born. My father always said there was an uncanny resemblance between us. It's quite obvious in photos. "Eva" wasn't actually her given name...she chose it...had it changed legally as soon as she came of age. So I thought it would be appropriate if I chose that name, too.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:25 am
I always pronounce it J-Pin...sorta like J-Lo's older brother.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:28 am
"Ticomaya"

Tico Maya

tē'kō mä'yä

Taken from Central American slang, I either selected my user name because I'm a native of Costa Rica who is of Mayan descent, ... or ... it is simply representative of the power of a Costa Rican god to transform a concept into an element of the sensible world, ... or ... more than likely I just made it up and thought it sounded cool at the time.

I often forget which ... but it definitely is one of the three.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
Ticomaya- That's funny..........I kinda thought that you looked Austrian! Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:33 am
Yeah ... that's from my Dad's side of the family. Cool
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:34 am
panzade wrote:
I always pronounce it J-Pin...sorta like J-Lo's older brother.

That's kinda cool... I may make an alternate identity and join in on the never ending rap battle...
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:44 am
My name really isAndrew and -- most of the time -- I really am merry. But the two fell together because, I think, Danny Kaye once played a character named Merry Andrew in some movie I have long, long since forgotten all about.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:58 am
I HAVE always wondered about your s/n tico.

i think i still do...? Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
Because I *am* a prince !!
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:03 am
Because I kinda like this:

Quote:
Graffiti: Term applied to an arrangement of institutionally illicit marks in which there has been an attempt to establish some sort of coherent composition: such marks are made by an individual or individuals (not generally professional artists) upon a wall or other surface that is usually visually accessible to the public.

Twisted Evil :wink:
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:12 am
Smorgs is my nickname...as I sign lots of stuff at work and my signature looks like 'Smorgs'.

My friends now call me smorgasm - thought it was a bit too rude for here - I've since learned otherwise! :wink:
0 Replies

Thesheebamoeba

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:21 am
My name is self explainitory
0 Replies

VooDoo

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:57 pm
Mine comes from a particular scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off where the economics professor is referring to a time back in the early 80s when the first Bush criticised Reagan's stimulus economic policies calling them "voodoo economics". Funnily enough, it so very much reminds me of my own economics lectures.

This is the full quotation from the scene:

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:59 pm
To answer the topic question - we have such diversity of names because we are a diverse group, ta da!

on Ossobuco - here's what I said last time I answered this, to a question of was ossobuco my favorite meal....

quote -
"No, actually, it isn't, though I have ordered it in Italy, I just love italian words. Not only do I never, or hardly ever, eat veal, which is the key ingredient of ossobuco (or osso buco), though many use lamb or beef, I am also a female, which you can't tell by the name... just by my posts. Most italian words ending in -o- have a masculine gender...

but, when I go for passwords, etc. I usually pick an italian word as I get a kick out of the language, though I am rather terrible at speaking it.

Mainly, I like the name because it is sort of musical....I find the whole language musical.

As it happens, many italian words are already taken on various sites, thus my foray through the italian food lexicon.

To explain even further, I am a US american of irish descent."
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:30 pm
I chose mine because I'm a huge fan of irony.
0 Replies

graffiti

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:36 am
Individual wrote:
I chose mine because I'm a huge fan of irony.

:wink:

As Lenny Bruce said, "We are all the same schmuck." By the way, the avatar certainly adds to the delicious irony! Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:41 am
VooDoo wrote:

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics.

A classic bit of screen writing...thanks for reminding me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:03 am
This is my real name.
My parents had a sense of humor http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/schuechtern/smileys116.gif
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:16 am
e - for all things e-worldly

e - for my legal first name

h - for my legal middle name

eh - for all things canajun

Beth - the name I use in real life

ehBeth - c'est moi
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » User Names
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 05:41:26