User Names

Tarah

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 04:39 am
We have such a diversity of user names on A2K, I wondered what made you pick your user name.

I am Tarah in homage of the little girl in the wheelchair who features in Sesame Street. My heart goes out to her .... not for her disability but for her horrendous hairstyle and awful glasses, not to mention the jumpers she must be forced to wear.

Colorbook, cavfancier, ossobucco etc - how come?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,906 • Replies: 43
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:48 am
Hi Tarah! I'm glad you've started this thread... Smile
I also wonder about the user names here on a2k...

Anyway... superjuly.

Super... I remember the very first time this "super" thing started with me. Nothing particularly interesting, just an inside joke among my friends and I where we'd say super- everything.

July (just like the month) is a short nickname for Juliana that a friend of mine gave me when I was 15 and it just stuck around. I became July ever since...

So...... superjuly is my cyber id and I use it just about anywhere that it hasn't been taken. :wink:
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:24 am
well my initials are jd, and i'm a big music fan so djjd seemed kinda appropriate in my mind, the first site i tried to use it at told me that i'd have to be djjd13, as obvoiusly 12 other people were using the same name, so i thought screw that if i'm gonna tack a number on the end it's gonna be one of my own choosing, so i chose the year of my birth
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:25 am
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:38 am
There is a thread about this somewhere... But I am much too lazy to look for it. I'd rather just tell you why I am urs53.

Urs is short for my first name and 53 is for March 5 which is my birthday. djjd, I was also born in 1962. Good year!

Tryagain, really nice explanation! :-)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:50 am
Phoenix refers to my surviving a life threatening illness. 3/28/90 is the date that it happened.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:55 am
urs53 wrote:
There is a thread about this somewhere...

One Laughing

The one with the most responses (and more recent) seems to be this one.

My name here is identical to my real name:

prename, because my grandfather was called so,
last name (since 1287) - until early 20th century with a "semi-nobility" prefix - means something like "behind the fields".
0 Replies

Charms

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:06 am
Hey!

Charms is a nickname that my best friend gave me years ago, ... Short for Charmain....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:16 am
cavfancier has a double meaning, the first for my dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and the second for caviar, Russian Osetra please.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:34 am
I'm having deja vu..... we've done this before but maybe this time we'll get some of the new folks to chime in.

Joe Nation is a play of my real name.
A friend of mine's mother used to call me Joe Nathan. PLEASE do not attempt to guess my real name!!!

Anyway, joe nathan was taken and jo nathan was taken and jon athan was taken (hey, are you still trying to guess my real name, well stoppit!) so I tried Nation and Ta dah!

Neither had been taken so I took Joe Nation (Joe is the embodiment of moderation, the soul of the Homeland, though he winces at the use of that word, it sounds too much like fatherland for him, he is the regular guy, the average schmoe and sometimes I am just like him.)

Hey, I could have taken TAKEN or TA Dah! What is wrong with me?

Joe (I couldn't have had A VEE ATE) Nation

(what is wrong with me? is a rhetorical question and should not become a matter of speculation nor become the subject of a new thread.....)

Nor should people try to guess my real name which is Mazeppa Pappazoidi
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:51 am
Quote:
PLEASE do not attempt to guess my real name!!!

I don't have to guess. I thought that EVERYBODY knew that your name was Mazeppa Pappazoidi! Very Happy

Hey, that's not so bad. Your mamma could have named you, Gustavratzenhoffer! Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:13 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35565&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

That was another "origin" thread...a little more recent.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:13 am
la dee da...my I.E. is REALLY screwed up
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:31 am
Hmm

Shewolfnm

Well.. i am a SHE

Wolf , that is my totem animal.

And NM. I used to live in New Mexico, I have since moved to texas.. but wont change it. ;-)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
I use this name everywhere I go online, it seems to never be taken...

Crazie is because my friends always call me crazy (they even made a song)... and the only reason they say I am crazy is because of stupid things I do or say ( I am not really crazy)..

Lady is obvious, I am female...

and 420 means it is time to smoke ( well I used to but I don't anymore because of drug tests at work and stuff... but I use it for rememberance and all my friends smoke the cheeba!!)
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:38 am
I was listening to Sublime on the radio and after trying name after name I was running out of ideas. So I put in Sublime and the rest is A2K history. I'm just happy I wasn't listening to Cannibal Corpse. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
Morbid Angel would have been a good one.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:47 am
sublime was an adjective long before the band took the name...I like it. Suits you
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:15 am
Thanks Panzade, That was another reason I took it, I didn't think that most people would associate it with the band.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
That would have been a good one shewolf especially with the right avatar.

http://nuclearblastusa.com/covers/wdal.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » User Names
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:24:34