Firefox

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:57 pm
I just downloaded this program today after much prodding by my peers and I have to say, Firefox puts all other browsers to shame.

It has all of the normal features of any web surfing tool, but it's a whole lot faster and (big and) it has the ability to tab different web pages so that you can easily switch between them without messing with those little buttons in the upper right hand corner of the windows.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who finds themselves constantly swamped in windows and wants the ease of an interface that should have been invented years ago.

Download (completely free) and tell me what you think: Firefox
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,023 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 12:19 am
I completely agree. Plus, there's a ton of extensions you can install to customize your browsing experience.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 12:23 am
Really? Where can I find those?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:24 am
Several places. For "official" extensions, click "Bookmarks," then "Firefox and Mozilla Links," then "Themes and Extensions."

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

Here's another site:

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 12:04 pm
I'm passionate about Firefox. Was persuaded by dlowan's comments to try it. Can't imagine going back to IE now.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
OK OK I downloaded it. Goodbye to page loading problems on A2K...but I have a question. I can have another site open in the left sidebar...but how do you tab more than two sites?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:59 pm
panzade wrote:
OK OK I downloaded it. Goodbye to page loading problems on A2K...but I have a question. I can have another site open in the left sidebar...but how do you tab more than two sites?

I don't have a left sidebar. Maybe that's something I "unchecked."

You can have as many tabs open as you want. If you have a 3-button mouse, clicking the middle button on a link (a new post in A2K for instance), it should automatically open the link in a new tab. Or you can right-click on the link and select "Open in New Tab," or "Open in New Window."

You can also create tab folders in your "Bookmarks" and can open the entire group in tabs with one click. (Your favorite newspapers, for instance. :wink: )

It's very customizable, and it's easy to prevent popup windows. The list goes, on, and on. .....

(Oh, and you can import your IE "Favorites", which I'm sure you knew.)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 02:06 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

(Oh, and you can import your IE "Favorites", which I'm sure you knew.)

It was pretty insistant that I do that...so I did. Now I'm trying to arrange my favorites across the top toolbar. I must admit , I liked the list of favorites on the left side in IE ...I had hundreds listed and could skate around pretty easily.
As far as I can tell there's only room for 12 favorites across the top toolbar on Firefox.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 02:07 pm
Please tell me you have grouped your Favorites/Bookmarks into folders.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 02:09 pm
Klik on tools... select extensions ... select 'get more extensions' in the bottom rt corner.
Select from the presented list . folow the prompts. They set themselves up.
Do the sam for 'themes'.
Try 'thunderbird ' for your mail,you won't be sorry.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 02:12 pm
Panzade, do a control b.
0 Replies