Marijuana and guns

seac

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 10:31 am
Our State is starting to confiscate guns from medical marijuana users. This is in response to the Fed law which still considers it a harmful drug and prohibits users from owning guns. Now they should also rescind drivers licenses too, since I do not want users who are mentally debilitated to drive around the busy roads.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 380 • Replies: 2
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 11:39 am
@seac,
Don't they have to be convicted of possessing a controlled substance before their drivers licenses are suspended in your state?

The gun ban for marajuana users is based on an existing Federal law, 18 U.S.C. ยง 922(g)(3), according to the ATF. (ATF statement download link)

I doubt that a medical marijuana state would pass laws that would suspend medical marijuana users' drivers licences.

It seems your proposal should also include users of alcohol, prescription opioids, and certain flu symptom medications as well.
seac

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2017 11:55 am
@InfraBlue,
I consider anything that impairs a person from sanely driving on our roads to be a dangerous drug. Even if it is temporary. I have had close calls with drunk drivers and nuts that seem high on something weaving through traffic at high speeds. Many accidents are caused by drunken drivers. I don't do marijuana, but have seen people here high on it and they were in such a stupor, they were not fit to be driving. If there were nothing to stop them from getting in their cars to go shopping, they will be on the road.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Marijuana and guns
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:16:25