Is there any mistake in the sentences ?

Cocojay

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2017 11:42 am
Sometimes all of us get lost in our own deep thoughts. This man was a watchman at a washroom somewhere in Kashmir. He was completely soaked up in his own thoughts and thoughts includes all sort of feelings ya.....sadness, happiness, worries, grief and many more. I hope wherever thought he is lost in be nothing to kill his happiness. Nevertheless,we all are in the same boat. And I pray to God for your happiness!!

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2017 12:18 pm
Never use more than one exclamation or question mark.
Cocojay

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2017 12:49 pm
@centrox,
Sure sir. Thank you very much.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2017 01:07 pm
@Cocojay,
First things first: Are there any mistakes in these sentences?

The sentences contain several awkward usages which a native speaker would likely not employ. There is one egregious mistake which I will underline.

Sometimes all of us get lost in our own deep thoughts. There was a man who was a watchman at a washroom somewhere in Kashmir. He was completely absorbed in his own thoughts; thoughts which included all sorts of feelings such as sadness, happiness, worries, grief and many more. I hope whatever thoughts he is lost in will not kill his happiness. Nevertheless, we are all in the same boat; I pray to God for your happiness.

"Ya" is not a word in English.
Cocojay

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2017 02:38 pm
@Setanta,
I can't thank you enough for the corrections . Regards.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 26 Nov, 2017 04:37 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
"Ya" is not a word in English.

It is a filler in spoken English in India, used, often at the end of sentences, in a way akin to the upspeaking heard in Australia/Zealand, and, sadly in Britain more and more. It is roughly equivalent to "you know?" "you get me?" "OK?" etc. Severely non-standard in written English that is not quoted dialogue.

Cocojay

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 12:06 pm
@centrox,
I am keeping both your words in my mind . Hope you will help me in future too. Cheers .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 03:01 pm
We will be happy to help you. Centrox can advise you best on British usage, and I will be happy to advise you on North American usage. (Although Canadians use British spellings, and sometimes pronunciation, most of their idiomatic expressions they have in common with the Americans--probably as a result of radio and television.)
Cocojay

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 11:40 am
@Setanta,
I am very happy to meet you here . I hope to speak and write better English.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is there any mistake in the sentences ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:08:57