You Know that You Are "Losing It', When.....................

msolga

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 05:41 am
When you arrive at work in your slippers! (No, I haven't, YET!)
When you lose your keys time & time again in a short space of time! (A sure sign of brain overload for me)
Wondering why you have that terrible stomach discomfort & discovering, on your next toilet visit, that you've accidentally put your nickers on the wrong way: one of the leg holes is strangling your waist! Shocked (Yep, done that!)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:12 am
Just the other day I started throwing out all the food that expires in 2005....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:30 am
This happened within a space of 30 seconds.
I was driving home yesterday thinking 'Im going to the gym tonight so I need the car', get home, get out, open the garage, drive the car into the garage, go to get out of the car and only THEN remember I need the car in a couple of hours.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:48 am
Does looking all over the place for your reading glasses when they're right there on the bridge of your nose count?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:08 am
Yup! I do it all the time! Confused
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:24 pm
I assume that when I misplace glasses that my unconscious mind is reminding me to seek new perspective for my accustomed problems.

This way I can feel inspired rather than stupid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:41 pm
we helped move some friends out of townhouse and into another one closer to the research site about 20 miles away. We got to the house and the door was kocked . One of us remembered that they kept the key above the door frame. We got all the downstairs done and loaded into this van when a whole bunch of cops and the owner of the townhouse showed up. Our friend, who just finished up at the labs showed up about a half hour later while they were processing us for B&E.

Ho ho, it was sure a god joke on us . That was maybe 30 years ago and its gotten only steadily worse. Having a really good remote opener for my vehicle is great cause if Im in a big shopping center, Im always forgetting where I park. So I kind of wander around and keep hitting the panic button till my truck speaks to me.

I once stood at my front door pointing my car door opener at the door and wondering why it didnt give that comforting quick beep and a click.

Im in the beautiful dawn of my senility
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:41 pm
We have metro cards here in New York, for those that don't know, and you have to slide your card and go through a turnstile to get to the subway. Every so often I will just completely flake out and forget that I have to use the card. I end up walking directly into the immobile metal bar of the turnstile at full speed, slamming my tenderloins and almost flipping right over the damn thing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:44 pm
Ever lock your keys in your car...while it's running? I have, and so has my brother. Must run in the family.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:44 pm
Laughing

I actually did get all the way to work once before I realized I was wearing my, um, comfy shoes.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:46 pm
I answer the phones at work all day and I have to say... Thank you for calling (companys name), how can I help you....so after nine hours of work, I go home and my phones rings, and you guessed it I say the script.....

DOes that count?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:47 pm
kickycan wrote:
Ever lock your keys in your car...while it's running? I have, and so has my brother. Must run in the family.

Leave it to me, on the hottest day in the summer and I asked a police officer who drove by to help me and he said "your a stupid girl, it's your stupid mistake, fix it yourself!)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:13 pm
Heehee...are all those Massachusetts cops so mean?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 02:15 pm
kickycan wrote:
Most of em', but he just had his d*ck up his ass!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:36 pm
When I got home several months ago, I thought I put the car keys in my purse, as usual. I haven't found them since--it must be three months by now. What's really frustrating is that they have to be around here somewhere....

I have been known to fill the dog's dish then leave it on the counter.

Appointments are getting bad. I used to always check my appointment book and keep track of where i needed to be, but since retiring, I forget to check the book. Just remembering on my own is completely out of the question. Sigh.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:51 pm
kickycan wrote:

I've done that more than once, Kicky. One time it was a rental car out in a suburb of Detroit in the middle of the night. No cell phone. D'you ever try to find a pay phone in the middle of a strange residential area in the middle of the night? Or get some honest, upstanding resident to admit a stranger with a face like mine into their home to use their phone? Sheeesh.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:55 pm
Diane wrote:
Appointments are getting bad. I used to always check my appointment book and keep track of where i needed to be, but since retiring, I forget to check the book. Just remembering on my own is completely out of the question. Sigh.

Oh, absolutely, Diane! If it doesn't get written down, it doesn't happen.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:55 pm
kickycan wrote:

Last time I did that in Massachusetts, I didn't bother with cops. Happened to be a fire station right around the corner from where the car was idling. Walked over and two extremely nice BFD men walked back with me, used a gizmo resembling a bent coat hanger (but not the aforementioned article) and got me back in in no time at all. Refused to take a tip, said it was part of their job.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:03 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
I answer the phones at work all day and I have to say... Thank you for calling (companys name), how can I help you....so after nine hours of work, I go home and my phones rings, and you guessed it I say the script.....

DOes that count?

Not to mention dialing 9 to get an outside line when you're at home....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:08 pm
Yeah, but Eva, I can't even make it when I write it down! It's getting worse, eeeek!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/18/2024 at 07:19:23