You Know that You Are "Losing It', When.....................

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 04:31 pm
I put some clothing into one of those bags where you put a dry cleaning sheet in with the clothing, and tumble it in the dryer. When I pulled it out, the clothes did not smell fresh, as it should after the "treatment.

Then, I discovered, that I had sealed the bag, and put the dry cleaning sheet in the dryer, but not in the bag! Embarrassed

What have you done lately that might make you think that you are, "losing it?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,169 • Replies: 42
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:29 pm
I had to visit a friend in apartment 507. I read the number as 705 consistently a number of times. The following week I did the same with another friend, at a different apartment number.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:35 pm
I was going to go buy a good pair of scissors so I could cut my bangs (as I do between haircuts), but decided I just should go to get a cut instead. So, I went about my errends and bought a $20 pair of scissors anyway - after I'd made an appt for the next day to get my hair cut. S'aright, I'll use them next month, but that wasn't the best way to budget my post-xmas finances.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:57 pm
Rush my kids around to get dressed and ready to head out the door, to find out that I have my hair and makeup done but no clothes on, still standing around in my pj's. LoL So...I have to make them stand there ready and hurrying me up to get gone. While I go and find clothing.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 06:23 pm
The other day Mo is watching "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" movie. If you've never seen this movie, it is this weird semi-animation/debatable live action thing. The trains move their eyes and occasionally they will past on a new expression - that's the extent of their "animation".

During the big chase scene all I could think about was how much Lady's (the girl train) face looked like those inflatable sex doll's faces.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:31 pm
Ice storms mean power outages. We lost full power for only 12 hours, but I kept turning lights on (and when I left the room turning them off), trying to invoke running water in the sinks and toilet and checking the thermostat every twelve minutes.

I used the daylight time to accomplish dreary chores--and kept trying to reward myself with computer time on A2K.

Over and over and over.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:36 pm
(wondering how Boomerang knows what inflatable sex doll faces look like...)

Carry on.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:41 pm
Oh, now see, I just had one of those moments that are the topic of this thread.

Forgot to add my own "Losing it"

Yesterday I completely showered, dressed, and put on my face before realizing I had forgotten to rinse the conditioner out of my hair! I have a lot of hair. Not a sink job. Ugh! I hate when that happens.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

When I was about 6 I lay tossing and turning at night because I'd discovered earlier that I'd forgotten the name for "quotient" (I was a fan of mathematics) and it distressed me to no end. What was the use of learning if the information were to be so cruelly stolen from me?

I lay the blame squarely at the foot of sleep. I was convinced that it was robbing me of the knowlege I had earlier aquired. I was losing it goddamn it!

So for a few weeks I spent a few minutes going over all the math terms I knew before nodding off each night, determined to keep them from the ravages of sleep. I'd wake up and test myself till I was confident that I had successfully hoarded my knowlege.

Recently while at work someone sent me a computer specific version of The Raven ("abort, retry, ignore....") and I noticed that I have forgotten some lines to the Portuguese version of The Raven.

I started screaming "I'M LOOOSING IT! I'M LOOSING IT!!!" at the top of my lungs.

Now the bastards make me sit outside in the hall.

The moral of the story is that the crest of the hill comes for the youth as well, and that it takes away your smarts in your sleep.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Now that you mention it, me too ...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:43 pm
I put my coffee pot back into the microwave instead of on the coffeepot burner, just yesterday. Luckily I noticed it was missing..
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:20 am
Craven- Funny that you should mention sleep robbing even young people of "smarts". Reminds me of the time when I was a teenager. I must have been half asleep, when I was rooting around for something to eat in the middle of the night. I woke up with a start, when I discovered that I had bitten into a buttered sponge! Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:36 am
Phoenix, I lost it all so long ago that I no longer worry about it. Smile (Love your buttered sponge story!)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:52 am
Last week I sat infront of my computer screen/keyboard/mouse and logged in.

About half an hour later I had a quick panic exclaiming 'wheres my keyboard gone!!!'. It hadnt moved, it was right infront of me.

My boss laughed his head off.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:34 pm
Squinney..that was too funny. I laughed till I hurt over that one!!! You go girl!! LOL
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
I ran an entire cycle of the washing machine....without anything in it. No soap, no clothes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:39 pm
squinney wrote:
Oh, now see, I just had one of those moments that are the topic of this thread.

Forgot to add my own "Losing it"

Yesterday I completely showered, dressed, and put on my face before realizing I had forgotten to rinse the conditioner out of my hair! I have a lot of hair. Not a sink job. Ugh! I hate when that happens.

Did that the other day too.

Hm. I seem to have a lot of these moments..... Confused
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:45 pm
Kristie, I have done that too......just kills ya to hear that machine making a different noise and go to check it out, to find it washing like something mad and no clothes in it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:50 pm
ok, so here is a little secret 'bout me.
I love the X-box. ;-)

So, im playing Fable...My character has aged a bit. He has grey hair, older features etc..
I have placed tatoos on his back ( the benefit the character in the game for those who dont know )
and I let him run around in chainmail pants, boots and no shirt until I get into combat..

and...

god dam it..

I thought my character sexy Shocked

I know i have been playing too long when......
0 Replies

shin

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:10 am
that's cool sports jacket . priced 1200¥. moreover, 30% discount. amazed, i was. i found out a girl who bills and asked the price after discount. the she told me it costs 8400¥. wondering, that should be her mistake, and looked at he price tag on the jacked again. it was printed 12000¥there..
my eyes missed it, but it was just a ZERO, which is said to have NO VALUE.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You Know that You Are "Losing It', When.....................
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:38:39