i love liner notes

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:22 pm
so i pick up a copy of the boomtown rats greatest hits, and the liner notes are by irish author joseph oconnor and he's talking about the irish music scene circa 1977

" it's important to say that this was a time when dublin did not really figure on the world rock and roll map. we had thin lizzy and occasional gigs by rory gallagher and a handful of younger irish bands. there was a quartet of northside born-again christians who played peter frampton songs, and who, it was said by some, would never amount to much (that summer, they were changing their name from the hype to u2). and that was about it."

i love stuff like that
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 582 • Replies: 1
No top replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:52 pm
I've just begun downloading from itunes and as convenient and creative as it may be, you just can't help missing the full music-buying experience of book, photos, lyrics, info. But even todays' cd's more often than not don't include actual liner notes.

In the days of wax, liner notes were a part of the whole sheebang. What you were paying for. I'm with you djjd62. Love liner notes.
0 Replies