I Am Becoming A Misanthrope

Portal Star

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:18 pm
Sarcasm/ dry humor is a difficult thing to convey in text. The subtle variations of voice which might occur in everyday conversation are completely lost.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:29 pm
I don't know...I have a pretty good grasp on sarcasm and dry humor...and your post just seemed pissy....but let's not fight sweetie...I'm very sensitive...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:38 pm
I can feel the love. Maybe it's just because I've been around here so long, I find sarcasm and dry humour pretty easy to recognize. Mrs. cav used to study linguistics, and we always argue about "tone of voice". I feel an oversensitivity to it is a negative thing, especially when one is just being honest. It's an excuse to blame someone for a perceived personal attack. Communication, verbal or through the 'net is far more complicated. Diplomacy is always key. :cool: If you don't understand, ask questions before making accusations.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:39 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I can feel the love. Maybe it's just because I've been around here so long, I find sarcasm and dry humour pretty easy to recognize. Mrs. cav used to study linguistics, and we always argue about "tone of voice". I feel an oversensitivity to it is a negative thing, especially when one is just being honest. It's an excuse to blame someone for a perceived personal attack. Communication, verbal or through the 'net is far more complicated. Diplomacy is always key. :cool: If you don't understand, ask questions before making accusations.

are you calling me out clown boy? Or defending me? I ain't that smart ya know....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:42 pm
I always loved Polar Bears. I'm on yer side. I understand Portal's dismay, but I like to keep things clean and on the up and up.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
I'm off to visit the 'Is eating bubble gum safe' thread now, to relax. Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:52 pm
don't get any in your hair....pink and red...toooo loud... :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:16 pm
The bear suit really is getting kind of yellowish. Clorox maybe?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:18 pm
only this time of night rog...in full sunlight it's quite white...breathtaking really....
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:24 pm
thanks to a program called wordweb, i know now what misanthrope means... (to lazy to get up and find it in a dictonary) and it meant just what i thought it meant...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:28 pm
To be honest Bi-polar, it does seem like I've noticed a change in the tone of your posts, from when I used to read them when I first joined A2K to now. You used to seem like a lot less angry, or something.

And does your misanthropy extend to ALL humans, or just the pseudo intellects like me?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:43 pm
snood, I like you fine.... I'm not a complete misanthrope and I'm trying to fight it...but I become more and more dismayed with my fellow humans...but not all of them yet.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:44 pm
Seed wrote:
thanks to a program called wordweb, i know now what misanthrope means... (to lazy to get up and find it in a dictonary) and it meant just what i thought it meant...

So seed, you're psychic...I knew you were special when I met you :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:04 pm
Snood, I don't think that I would classify you as a pseudo-intellect. You do yourself an injustice, my friend.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:05 pm
Letty..... ever the soothing enabler...

(((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:34 pm
Hugs all around:
Cav,
Snood
Portal Star
everyone.

Still holding on to my rose.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:37 pm
...my attempt at self-deprecating humor, Letty. There's more than enough of folks taking themselves and their mental powers too seriously in here. But - thanks.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:16 pm
Yes, Snood. I still recall my favorite of all threads, "Sure Fire dialogue"..

Snood:

War movies:
I'll be all right. You guys go on without me.

Goodnight, my unseen friends.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:29 pm
-frowns cus he didnt get a hugh from letty- no one likes me... im gonna leave
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:30:00