Relation between Attendance amd marks of students

mahju

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:15 am
Dear experts,
I have data of students of MBBS for 3rd year (3 sessions) different students each year. I want to check if their any relation between attendance and marks of students. Please guide which test can be used for this purposr.
Regards

View best answer, chosen by mahju
fresco

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 02:31 pm
@mahju,
I suggest you use a non parametric test of correlation since the data is likely to be ordinal. eg 'Spearman Rho'.
You will find details via Google.
mahju

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 11:17 am
@fresco,
Thanks for quick answer.
Some more explanation:
I have students attendance %age in one column and marks obtained in another column.
Regards
fresco

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 12:07 pm
@mahju,
Yes. Since the marks are scores 'as judged by markers', they can only be classed as 'ordinal' data, and not 'interval data', hence choice of a nonparametric test to investigate correlation of rankings.
mahju

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 09:26 am
@fresco,
Thanks
I have checked in google.
I have a big data one class have almost 300 students and there are 3 sessions, so at least 900 pairs of data. Can I use this test for big data. Also please guide how to interpret this coefficient (rho)
Regards
fresco
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 10:54 am
@mahju,
Its a long time since I used this test so I'm not sure whether there are restrictions (probably not). But in order to reduce the work load you might be justified in collapsing scores into say 5% bands versus average attendances per score band. You are then only dealing with say 20 pairs of rankings.
Hope this helps.
mahju

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 09:57 am
@fresco,
Thanks for your time & sugession
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Relation between Attendance amd marks of students
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 07:22:23