I got sent to the principal for not wearing a bra.

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 05:57 am
So, i'm obviously a girl and i'm 16. And... I got sent to the principals office at school yesterday for not wearing a bra at school. I don't get it, It doesn't actually state anywhere that being braless is a violation of the dress code. I also don't actually understand how the principal figured out that I went braless, it was kinda cold so I guess my nipples were there for everyone to see but I got detention for the next six weeks. Is that a fair punishment?

Anonymous1350

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 06:00 am
@Burritodawg,
I guess you should have covered up more, I mean only perverts want to see nipples but for the rest, I think that honestly, it was fair.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 06:15 am
My degree is in education and I think this is decision is inexcusable. First of all, it's blatantly sexist (men's nipples are fine, women's nipples are dirty/obscene/sexual). This perception or notion about women's bodies is exactly what leads to all the oppressive rules found in extremist Muslim countries.

I would lodge a complaint with your school-board or even get in touch with the ACLU. But if you do want to engage in such a fight, it would be very helpful if your parents stand with you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 07:48 am
@Burritodawg,
Burritodawg wrote:
but I got detention for the next six weeks. Is that a fair punishment?

That seems rather extreme. I'll skip the question of whether going braless should be a dress code violation (I really have no idea).

But it seems to me like a dress code violation (especially a first offense) should be something like a warning. Or if it is really egregious sending the student home or having a parent bring in appropriate clothing.

I guess I could envision a single instance of detention as a worst-case punishment. Six weeks worth seems way over the top though.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 02:03 pm
Miss Burrito, let me give you a lesson.

In the western world (especially in high school) jiggley boobs and nipples are deemed to be quite sexual. The officials that be would consider it quite provocative for you to be showing yourself like that to young boys who have sexual thoughts about once every 15 seconds.

High school are hot beds of kids with hormones raging out of control. Why add to it?

My daughter would not leave the house like that. I wonder if yours knew you were.

I'm not telling you to wear a bra but if your nipples are causing a distraction in a high school classroom, there are lots of other options, including a sweatshirt.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I got sent to the principal for not wearing a bra.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 05:11:08