New York shooting - breaking story

lmur

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:04 pm
Reports of a shooting incident with casualties in Lower Manhattan.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41825577

Edit: suspect in custody.
Edit: CNN reporting that 6 people may be dead.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 976 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:19 pm
@lmur,

from the NYT...

Quote:
A man on Tuesday afternoon drove a pickup truck down a lengthy stretch of bike path next to the Hudson River in Lower Manhattan, striking numerous people. The vehicle collided with a school bus from Stuyvesant High School.

There were some reports the man fired gunshots from the truck, but officials could not immediately confirm that. The police said a suspect had been taken into custody.

Officials said as many as six people had been killed and 11 injured.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:55 pm
following

waiting for all our locals to check in
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:58 pm
I am watching the story on ABC TV.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:30 pm
According to some reports Home Depot Strikes Again.

Apparently a Home Depot delivery truck.
Quote:

Attacker said to have shouted "Allahu Akbar"

...veered on to the bike path on West Street just north of Chambers Street.

The suspect who shot by police then plowed into multiple people...

He continued driving south and hit another car, then got out and displayed " imitation firearms", police said.

Story seems to still be developing.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:38 pm
I hope he survives to endure some punishment. Simply killing him makes it too easy.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:44 pm
@Sturgis,
Has anyone heard from JoeNation?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 03:51 pm
Another concern in that area, in addition to the school, is its relative proximity to the financial district. In point of fact several financial concerns are located along that stretch of West Street. (also near where the World Trade Center buildings once stood)

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:04 pm
@Region Philbis,
Eek, the school bus.
I've heard about Stuyvesant High for probably decades, though I know nada about the school. I'll guess it's pretty prominent.

Waiting to hear more.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:09 pm
Quote:
At least eight dead in ‘act of terror’ in NYC

A man in a rented pickup truck mowed down pedestrians and bicyclists along a busy bike path near the World Trade Center memorial Tuesday, killing at least eight and injuring 11 others in what the mayor called ‘‘a particularly cowardly act of terror.’’

The 29-year-old driver, identified by two law enforcement officials as Sayfullo Saipov, was shot in the abdomen by police and taken into custody after jumping out of the truck with what turned out to be a fake gun in each hand and shouting ‘‘Allahu Akbar!’’ officials said. His condition was not immediately released.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called it a ‘‘lone wolf’’ attack and said there was no evidence to suggest it was part of a wider plot.

Police said the vehicle, a rented Home Depot truck, entered the bike path at about 3 p.m. on West Street a few blocks from the new World Trade Center — the site of the deadliest terror attack in U.S. history — and mowed down several people. The truck then turned at Chambers Street near the trade center site, striking a small yellow school bus and injuring two adults and two children.

In addition to those killed, 11 people were seriously injured, police said.
(globe)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:42 pm
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/01/media-worries-about-islamophobia-after-nyc-attack/?utm_medium=email

The Left always worries more about Islamaphobia than Islamists amongst us.

What are the stats? Anyone?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:43 pm
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/01/gov-cuomo-pushes-for-gun-control-after-islamist-truck-attack-video/?utm_medium=email

What a f*cking idiot.

The guy used toy guns.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:44 pm

So much for home grown.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think he's mentally disturbed. Yes, both of them.

The Daily Caller is a trash website, you should know better than that

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The Daily Caller is a trash website, you should know better than that

Cycloptichorn

Sez supremely arrogant you.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm not even a tenth as arrogant as I used to be. But really you should know better than to link to the Caller for any reason. It isn't a reputable site on either side of the fence.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That's hard to fathom. Smile

Prove the site wrong.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
'Prove the site wrong?' What does that even mean?

The fact that a scandal rag tells the occasionally true story doesn't make it a reputable source of information. The best such outlets mix truth and lies.

More importantly, who do I have to prove this to, exactly? I already know it's a piece of crap news source and you wouldn't admit it if I Perry Masoned the **** out of it, so where's the profit for me in doing anything at all?

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I didn't post an endorsement of the site, I posted an article from it.

I couldn't care less what you think about the site, respond to the article cited.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 04:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I did! I said that both the guys in question (Cuomo and the assailant) are mentally disturbed.

Cycloptichorn

1. Forums
  2. » New York shooting - breaking story
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:24:59