It's official Tom Brady is going to play forever

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:14 am
Why else would the Patriots trade away their only back up quarterback? Not only will Tom Brady play forever, but he is incapable of getting injured. Must be the TB12 method - it has made him immune to anything! Way to go Tom Terrific.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 832 • Replies: 21
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:23 am
@Linkat,
This was a good trade for the Patriots. They are being smart. Garrapolo is a free agent next year and he made it clear that he wasn't going to stick around for Brady to get old. This is the best price they are ever going to get for him.

I would love to see Kaepernick come to the Patriots (not that I think that will happen).
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 05:32 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Kaepernick
never say never with Coach Bill.

he does this every year during the bye week -- purge soon to be free agents.

glad to see Jimmy G finally gets his chance...
maxdancona

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 07:16 am
@Region Philbis,
Kaepernick is an easy choice on paper. He clearly the best talent available.

I would love to see this happen.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 07:29 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I would love to see Kaepernick come to the Patriots (not that I think that will happen).

THIS!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 07:33 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Why else would the Patriots trade away their only back up quarterback? Not only will Tom Brady play forever, but he is incapable of getting injured. Must be the TB12 method - it has made him immune to anything! Way to go Tom Terrific.

Tom Brady is clearly a T-800 terminator android.
Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:28 am
@tsarstepan,
I wish same could be said for Gronk! They need more offensive options. I forget if Edelman is out for the year or just for a shorter spell?

D’anta Hightower is gone for season, apparently. He was the captain of the defense. Team got along without him against Chargers but they’re not an upper-tier team. Wrinkling brow,

Then there was this Trade wire news: backup QB Garroppolo is traded for 49-res high 2nd round draft pick. No backup announced yet. I forget who their third string QB is.

Just heard they got Brian Hoyer (deep destroyer)off the trade pile.

{Edit: Julian E. is out for season as he completely torn ACL. Bummer}
Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:45 am
@Ragman,
Now it is reported that he was NOT included in this deal. Not sure that is final but they said something about it not being acceptable due to NFL draft compensatory pick rules.
Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:10 am
@maxdancona,
Perhaps if they had another back up quarter back - if he goes down who is going to be QB. Hopefully they have someone on the back burner we are unaware of.

Unless the team has another Edelman who at least once played QB in prior history.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:14 am
@Ragman,
They already got rid of their 3rd string quarterback and he is doing really well.
Jacoby Brissett - that is why this is a shocker - there is no third string.

Maybe they are giving Edelman some of TB super juice or something and he will magically heal his ACL and be the backup quarterback. Wouldn't be the first time Belichek had something hidden in his back pocket.

Better yet - maybe Belichek is planning on playing without a QB if Tom gets injured and still win!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:24 am
@Ragman,

from what i've read, it will be Hoyer, but not until the 49er's cut him...
Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:40 am
@Region Philbis,
The thing about Hoyer is he’s not a proven winner. Of course, if they use Gronk and so-so WR and run, run, run that might not be as big an issue.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:57 am
@Ragman,

hopefully he is not needed for anything other than holding the clipboard and wearing a backwards baseball cap on the sideline...
Ragman

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 01:43 pm
@Region Philbis,
Brian Hoyer, Deep Destroyer (played to the lyrics of "Destroyer" by The Kinks.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 02:35 pm
@Region Philbis,
but Jimmy looked so good doing that - I was so bummed - I figured when Tom was done we would have another nice looking QB.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:59 am
@Linkat,

the bottom line is this --

it doesn't matter who the backup is, because without Brady the team has zero chance of winning a championship...
Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:44 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

the bottom line is this --

it doesn't matter who the backup is, because without Brady the team has zero chance of winning a championship...

I wouldn't say zero chance - but I agree they have little chance to win without him.

However if it was a short term injury - they need a backup QB to at least fill in for a few games. We need Brady at the end to be his usual 110% and someone else to carry us in between if it was needed.

Now if Brady gets a little hurt - he needs to play - causing a potential not being a 110% rather than giving him a rest if he needed it.

But Brady has his the magical TB12 Method so all is good.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:46 am
I was listening to the radio this morning and the DJ said - doesn't anyone else feel sad that Jimmy was traded? We invested this time grooming him to take over for Brady.

And then I realized -- yeah that is exactly how I feel. I liked Jimmy - he stepped in and did well when Brady was suspended. He looked good out there - he has potential to step in when Brady (gasp) does get too old. We could have another quality QB in the near future.

Now it all ended.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 11:14 am
@Linkat,

barring injury, he wasn't going to get a chance to start for us while still in his prime.

nobody wanted to see those years get wasted...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 12:02 pm

It's official -- Patriots agree to 3-year deal with QB Brian Hoyer

1. Forums
  2. » It's official Tom Brady is going to play forever
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:29:54