Do women in western societies think that they have all the rights?

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 08:31 am
Are women of western culture satisfied with all the rights they have.Do they think that system still needs to improve anywhere to provide them with more rights.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,037 • Replies: 34
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 08:41 am
@student2,
Have you not been following the news recently. Google Harvey Weinstein if you really believe women in the West have all the rights.

Try using google a lot more, it will save you asking such daft questions.
student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:14 am
@izzythepush,
I do not dig deep the news of western countries.And even when I know the news and stories,I might will be judging about them from my own cultural perspective which could be different from what people actually think there.Yes,there are issues of injustice every where in the world,at some places its more and at others very less.But sometimes it is said that western women have more rights than others.But I still doubt that.I never said that I believe so,it might be your assumption.I just questioned something which is also suggested.
By the way,I am unable to understand your offense at my asking of questions.I think that it is great to ask questions.People read but still forums are there for asking questions too.Forums do not really force anyone to answer.I just ignore things which I do not approve of.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:26 am
@student2,
Harvey Weinstein is hardly an obscure news story.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:29 am
@student2,
student2 wrote:
I just ignore things which I do not approve of.

and that is why some people just don't learn
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 10:36 am
@student2,
I take offence at you asking loaded questions, full of assumptions. You could have asked a more neutral question, something like, How do women in the West feel about their rights/position/opportunities compared to those of men?

You might have got some answers then, but instead you talk about women having all the rights, which would mean men have none, and that somehow you think your culture is superior. And you're surprised people get pissed off.

Have you met any actual women?
student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 11:23 am
@ehBeth,
You cannot judge my learning.From this,I mean that on social media as well as real life everyone comes across things which one may not like.I see lots of posts and stuff on forums and social media which I may not like but others also have their freedom.So,I do not get angry at them.There are different people,so there is always a variety of stuff everywhere.
student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
Actually,my question is not comparison of them with men.They may have their own perspectives on what success is,which can be different from those of men.My question is just the status of their rights as compared with those of non-western women.So,this cannot be offensive to men.I do not know definite answers,so I ask questions.And these are not my beliefs,I keep hearing an idea and then want to know different perspectives.
No where,in my question I have had pertained to men,otherwise I would have certainly extended my question.No,I am surprised that you think that I may think that my opinion is superior.Actually,you might would have believed that everyone may think of their opinion as better and so will might be this way.But it is just a question,it does not at all imply endorsement of an opinion.
student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
I think that you could have responded in a more neutral and constructive way.Rights of men are equally important and I respect that.It is just a question,not an opinion and there is no reason to think otherwise.Instead of response or reasoning,you are being offensive and making baseless assumptions against me.
student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 12:03 pm
@student2,
My question is just the status of their rights as compared with those of non-western women or in general.
It is more of a general question,different cultures or people may have different notions of success or rights.It does not mean comparison with anyone.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 12:18 pm
@student2,
No it's not. That might be what you intended, but you asked a loaded question. You didn't ask if men and women had equal rights, but if women had all the rights. There is a huge difference between the two.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 12:26 pm
@student2,
My assumptions are not baseless, they're based on the sort of question you asked.

It might be your English, but if you think people are getting the wrong impression of you, you need to think very carefully how you phrase things.

Lets look at your question again. If women have all the rights then men have none. It's an absurd suggestion, and it suggests that the person phrasing the question thinks equal rights are detrimental to society. That person isn't interested in learning, just attacking equal rights.

That's how you came across to me, and I suspect I'm not the only one, which would explain why you've complained of being ignored on other threads.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 12:44 pm
@student2,
Izzy is somewhat of a bully. It is good that you are interacting with him, but don't take him personally (he can be mean to anyone who doesn't agree with him). He represents a mainstream liberal worldview... which is good to understand. He sometimes forgets that his worldview is not the only worldview.

I agree with Izzy, that your question could be better worded, and I even like his suggested alternative.

But, don't let him bully you out of asking questions. I like having you around.

0 Replies

student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 12:44 pm
@izzythepush,
I am surprised at assumptions,as I never expected the interpretations.I have also explained my question in description so this may not leave room for assumptions.Yes,English is not my first language.
Anyways,I will may make edited question sometime later.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 01:44 pm
@student2,
You've not said anything about yourself, just that you're from a country where women have less rights. If you tell people a bit about yourself, like where you're from and what you're studying people might be a bit more forthcoming.
cameronleon

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 07:04 pm
@student2,
Quote:
Are women of western culture satisfied with all the rights they have.Do they think that system still needs to improve anywhere to provide them with more rights.

No. Women are never satisfied with their rights.

A movement called "feminism" demands for privileges instead of rights.

I understand their anxiety for equality, and for this reason they must pay half of the bill in a restaurant since the first date. No exceptions.
0 Replies

student2

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 11:06 pm
@izzythepush,
No,I did not say anything about my country,neither did I say that I am from a country where women have less rights.This is again assumed,without me saying anything.But I was being very general.I think that all questions can be generally asked by anyone,for knowing.
I think most question posters do not introduce themselves.One can expect variety at this forum as it is a general discussion forum.
I will might just again ask the changed question some time later.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2017 12:49 am
@student2,
And if you continue to be so guarded when talking about yourself you'll get the same response.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2017 12:52 am
@student2,
student2 wrote:

One can expect variety at this forum as it is a general discussion forum.

And after four days you must know everything about A2K. What do I know? I've only been here for the best part of seven years.
student2

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2017 12:54 am
@izzythepush,
I do not think that if women have all the rights then it means men have none.Rights are not something which is limited and has to be divided equally.If someone has all the rights then someone else can also have all the rights,at the same time.I did not attack anything and even if someone attacks some idea then its a discussion forum,others have the privilege to correct it with good reasoning.So,things have had been assumed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do women in western societies think that they have all the rights?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:07:16