Does anyone use Sirius XM

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2017 10:38 am
My new car comes with a trial subscription to Sirius XM. With the advent of Bluetooth, this doesn't seem even worth the time.

Does anyone use this service? What is good about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 590 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:52 am
It looks like you can get a lot of live sports broadcasts on it.

I've been thinking of subscribing.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 04:34 pm
@Kolyo,
I am pretty sure I will pass (although it bugs me that I already paid for the equipment). With bluetooth and the internet, I can already play all the audio books, podcasts and music that I want from the comfort of my car.

I get the Patriots games on local radio. That is all the sports I need.
engineer

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 08:26 am
@maxdancona,
It really depends on how good your streaming game is. Mine is pretty weak. I think about it occasionally, but don't ever commit to spending the time to curate my play lists. I use XM to hear the current stuff and I have a serious jam list on my phone for when I want to put the top down. Just me personally, I'd never hear anything new without radio/XM. I know there are default streaming playlists that would do that, but to me it's worth the ease of jumping between current hits, 70's, and classic rock with the push of a button. That's why they give you a free trial.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 02:54 am
@engineer,
That makes sense Engineer. Google Music already owns this space for me, I get my default "stations" that I can download and stream. I see how that might be useful.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 03:39 am
@maxdancona,
No longer makes any sense. With a decent Android phone and a decent car radio with bluetooth, you can live in the Bible Belt and listen to DC and NY radio stations.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 04:08 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
you can live in the Bible Belt and listen to DC and NY radio stations.

This made me chuckle.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 05:28 am
@maxdancona,
I like the immediacy that Sirius provides with its content I can go in and out of "range" and never know it. In order for me to get some clssic jazz or classical music , bluetooth, is much more of a hassle, unless I do playlists and that takes away from my life. The way the cars are configured we now have ALL the options available, whats wrong with that??

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:37 am
@farmerman,
They gave it to me for free for a month. I played with it a couple of times, and then found no use for it. To each his own.

Bluetooth podcasts and playlists work best for my lifestyle.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 07:51 am
@maxdancona,
Yeh, Im a big Howard Stern fan and (Maritime)CBC and BBC listener and I have those numbers voice commanded. I suppose that if I just was in a Goldberg Variations mood, Id take a CD and not even make a playlist. I rarely make playlists (except for A2K where E beth started a thread on some kind of music that I put into one that I often return to in the car
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does anyone use Sirius XM
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 01:35:00