Dream Meaning- Need help deciphering

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:49 am
I had a very disturbing dream last night and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what it might mean.

It started out with a bunch of friends, my hubby and I, standing around talking. Someone asked if we had seen this movie and I said no, but my hubby said yes that he liked it. I asked him when he'd seen it. Somehow, at this point, it came out that he had seen it while messing around with some women (we are married in my dream). Apparently, there was this discreet brothel and he had visited it one morning, at 9:15a. Well, we all end up in this room, like a theater or something and we are arguing back and forth. I am beyond pissed and he is kind of like, well I did it and that is that. He isn't really concerned that I am extremely upset and that I am going to divorce him. It seems he did it just because. Just for the hell of it. Then an advertisement comes on the screen in front of us (for the brothel maybe?) and on the screen is this redhead. I know that this is the girl he screwed. I just know it. I ask him how many times and he casually says 4 times. I am really loud and people are starting to look at us. So they ask us to leave but as we are leaving, they announce that I wanted to leave because I was uncomfortable. We walk past 4 of my girlfriends and they all shake their heads because now they know about him cheating. I am both embarrassed and angry. I take my rings off and give them to him. He takes them and says well, if that's what you want....so I take them back. And then I give them to him again. I am hysterical and crying. It's like I want to just say to hell with him and leave but I love him still. I woke up before anything else happened.

Any insight as to what this means? It was really disturbing and I woke up quite shaken up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 752 • Replies: 12
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:10 am
Ugh.

I've had dreams like that before -- I think it's pretty much just a classical expression of what we're scared of. Earthquakes, tsunamis, fire, and casual indifferent infidelity. Blech.

Do you know anyone who has split up, lately? Or even just did one of the relationship threads here grab you? If it's on your mind, a dream is where it'd come out. (Just like if your neighbor's house burned down, it would be reasonable if you had nightmares about your house burning down.)

At any rate, main points are:

1.) Don't read too much into it in terms of a sign that he's doing something untoward -- it's more likely to be about what's going on in your own head

2.) In terms of what's going on in your head, sounds like for whatever reason -- ouside influence, just what's been happening in your relationship -- you're feeling a little insecure, and probably good to do something about that. (You have a vacation coming up, right? That could be good.) It would make sense to me that it's just about not spending enough time with him, not being sure enough about how he feels about you, that kind of thing, all of which could be remedied by a good vacation together. (No reason to wait that long if something's on your mind, tho.)

Good luck!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:16 am
http://www.asdreams.org/subidxdiscussionsbboard.htm

Kristie, this may be of use. Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:22 am
Thanks guys....I am going to check out that site.

The tsunami thing really has bothered me. I have a hard time watching coverage on it and talking about it. It makes me want to cry. I didn't lose anyone in it but something about the sheer volume of people dead and the senselessness of the whole thing just gets me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:27 am
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's the pictures of dead kids and grieving mothers that gets to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if that generalized anxiety found its way into something more specific.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 11:56 am
I know what you mean Kristie......I posted on it: 'Havn't felt much like posting have you?'.

I'm was relieved (in a way) to see you write how the tsunami had upset you. I've been feeling the same way. It has been suggested on the thread that I may be depressed about something else and that it's manifesting itself into my grief and feeling of helplesless at the disaster. If I were depressed over something else....I am genuinely not aware of it.

I went back to work today after the Xmas break, my whole office felt depressed and 'mournful' there was definately an 'atmosphere'.

I think it's the sheer scale of it that makes it difficult to comprehend.

I know this is your dream thread........so thanks for indulging me, I just wanted to let you know that I felt the same way......person to person (through a keyboard).

It may be comforting to know that my Mum (who's always given good advice) once told me that "you dream opposite to how things really are".

but................

she also told me "never stare at a monkey.....it'll go for your eyes"

That still makes me laugh....even on a miserable day like today.

Sarah.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:00 pm
smorgs wrote:
I know what you mean Kristie......I posted on it: 'Havn't felt much like posting have you?'.

I'm was relieved (in a way) to see you write how the tsunami had upset you. I've been feeling the same way. It has been suggested on the thread that I may be depressed about something else and that it's manifesting itself into my grief and feeling of helplesless at the disaster. If I were depressed over something else....I am genuinely not aware of it.

I went back to work today after the Xmas break, my whole office felt depressed and 'mournful' there was definately an 'atmosphere'.

I think it's the sheer scale of it that makes it difficult to comprehend.

I know this is your dream thread........so thanks for indulging me, I just wanted to let you know that I felt the same way......person to person (through a keyboard).

It may be comforting to know that my Mum (who's always given good advice) once told me that "you dream opposite to how things really are".

but................

she also told me "never stare at a monkey.....it'll go for your eyes"

That still makes me laugh....even on a miserable day like today.

Sarah.

Thanks. I know a lot of people are upset but this whole thing but I think that it has bothered me more than some. Apparently, it has bothered you in the same way.

The monkey thing is something my mom would say...that is great. I will have to tell my mom that one. It made me laugh.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:01 pm
Hmmm...I think it might mean that your husband is cheating on you...just a thought...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:02 pm
kickycan wrote:
Hmmm...I think it might mean that your husband is cheating on you...just a thought...

Thanks for the support. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:03 pm
I do what I can. Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:06 pm
And I seriously doubt he's cheating.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:53 pm
<bonking Kicky on the head with a frying pan>

Kristie, have you donated yet? I did a while ago, not much in the scheme of things but genuinely made me feel better. It's *something*, and I think part of the impact is that we all feel so powerless.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:55 pm
yeah, I did yesterday. But it seems so impersonal. I wish I could actually get my hands dirty, so to speak. I am an able bodied, healthy woman. I could do so much more than sit here at my computer.

Thanks for your concern. You've always got something inspiring, good or funny to say. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dream Meaning- Need help deciphering
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:55:34