New Years Eve Resolution Time! What are yours?

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
Okay folks, it's time to spill. What will your New Years Eve Resolutions be?

I generally don't make any myself, mostly because I don't have the patience to wait for New Years Eve. However, since I'm still high off my recent success on Friday, June 11th 2004 (quit smoking), and I haven't successfully made a single self-improvement since, I'm going to try this year! This will be my second attempt in 6 months to institute a policy of daily exercise. I haven't stuck to any kind of a program since school, and that was a very long time ago. My health is perfect, so I have absolutely no excuse for my deplorable behavior nor any conceivable excuse for failure.

What will your New Years Eve Resolutions be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,055 • Replies: 36
No top replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:29 pm
I stopped bothering with new Years Resolutions. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke very much... What am I gonna give up? Chocolate?

(snort)

Yeah, right!!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:32 pm
My resolution is the same as it's been for a while, "have more fun." This year, I'm expanding that to "and throw more parties." SeattleFriend has suggested that I include picnics in there, too, which I think is a great idea.

I expect I'll do pretty well.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:45 pm
Good one, O'Bill!

Mine are (in no particular order)....

1. Get organized. (This always means clean out the black hole that is my closet). Laughing

2. Learn something new. I haven't decided what...but I figure expanding my horizons can only lead to good things, right? Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:11 am
Squinn... you don't smoke very much? I've got an idea for you that would make a wonderful New Years Resolution. Make a promise to yourself to start every single day with a good healthy slap upside the Bear's head!

Good one Piffka... I think I'll mentally add that to my list. One can never have enough fun. My mom used to always say, "I just hate it when anyone's having more fun than us!"

JW, I've got a spare bedroom that bears a strong resemblance to your closet. I'm leaving it off the list, though, because frankly, I'm too scared to go in there. Shocked
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:14 am
squinney would like to see 2006 Bill but an interesting suggestion......

here's one for you in 2005...put your head in a bucket of water three times New Years morning....take it out twice :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:15 am
Spend no more than one hour a day on A2K.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:17 am
I'm not huge on New Years reslolutions, but I just had my golden birthday so I am going to try to make the most of this year. Sooo....

1.) Find a job I actually like.
2.) Get back into my routine of exercise.
3.) Spend more time doing things I want to do: read more, more time with wife, dance lessons, language lessons, house projects... I'm sure there are more.
4.) Travel more.
5.) If goals 1-4 are met... maybe...just maybe... get working on that first kid... or have a lot of fun trying at least.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:20 am
Mine will be the same as it is every year, remember to make resolutions next year.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:20 am
My New Years Resolutions will be a simple.

I will travel the land and exterminate every cheesehead I encounter. I will burn anything green and gold. I will make an attempt to push the state of Wisconsin into Lake Michigan. I will bitch slap Brett Favre. I will reduce Lambeau Field to a pile of ashes. I will pee on Vince Lombardi's grave.

Then, once I'm warmed up....... I'm coming for you, Bill.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:37 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
I'm not huge on New Years reslolutions, but I just had my golden birthday so I am going to try to make the most of this year. Sooo....

1.) Find a job I actually like.
2.) Get back into my routine of exercise.
3.) Spend more time doing things I want to do:, house projects... I'm sure there are more.
4.) Travel more.
5.) If goals 1-4 are met... maybe...just maybe... get working on that first kid... or have a lot of fun trying at least.

I'm liking 2-4 once I get healed up
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:39 am
5 sounds appealing.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:43 am
Plenty more Mr Nice Guy!

Hello fans! I love you all, each and every one of you.

McT

and maybe a pound or two off the middle (but it's risky meddling with a masterpiece).
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:32 am
Get back into a full exercise routine...I've been slacking off lately.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:41 am
#5 -- Having more fun with a goal.

Good luck, jp!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:49 am
You know what they say... it's not the destination... it's the journey.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:51 am
colorbook wrote:
Get back into a full exercise routine...I've been slacking off lately.

I'm with that...I completely stopped and y middle is beggining to show signs....can't have that ****...nobody wants to see an overweight rocker in spandex....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
work on figuring out what i want to do when i grow up.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:55 am
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I am not making any. Except to have a hell of a good time!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 10:34 am
Kristie I will work on refining all my methods to avoid growing up...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » New Years Eve Resolution Time! What are yours?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 04:46:36