Rabies

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 05:29 am
Do I get to be infected of Rabies by human teeth? I got a deep wound above my eyebrows and somewhere in the forehead. Do I have to consult the doctor for this?

centrox

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:09 am
No case of rabies from a human bite has ever been confirmed. 99 per cent of cases are from dogs, and the rest from other animals. However human bites can cause infections and you should visit a doctor or hospital. What were you doing to get bitten like that?

Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:32 am
@centrox,
We were doing a cheer dance lift. Me and my partner are supposed to catch the one who is lifted, but then we forgot to strengthen our arms together to catch her and we were shocked that she fell so fast. I caught her first and my partner eventually caught her too but then like I said we were not that ready. Resulting to our heads both colliding with each other and accidentally the part of my head hit the teeth of my partner. It was a disappointing accident and thanks for the reply. But how can I make sure that I don't have rabies?
hightor

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 06:38 am
@Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
You might get an infection but if your partner wasn't rabid you have zero chance of having contracted the disease.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 07:14 am
@Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wrote:
But how can I make sure that I don't have rabies?

I think you are concentrating too much on the bite = rabies idea. Only bites from infected animals are known to have caused rabies. Let me say that again. No case of rabies from a human bite has ever been reported. If you have rabies then so does this woman. Is she feeling sick?

1. Has she been bitten by an animal recently?
2. How long ago did this happen?
3. Why aren't you asking a doctor?
Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 07:44 am
@centrox,
Okay, so one last question, the only ones who can transmit the virus are only the ones who have the virus itself?(Please correct me if I'm wrong) Thank you for the answers because I am a paranoid.
centrox

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 07:45 am
Why didn't you answer my 3 questions above? Are you playing a game?
Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 08:08 am
@centrox,
No, I completely get it. My partner is not probably infected. I just need to confirm it. It happened yesterday. Because it is our exam week and I do not have time to go to the hospital, so I try to learn from this forum.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 08:23 am
OK.

1. I am not a doctor.

2. It is extremely unlikely that you can get rabies from a human bite. Nobody ever has so far in all of medical history.

3. Even if you could, you can only get rabies from a creature (animal or human) who themselves is infected with rabies.

4. Human bites can cause other infections besides rabies, and early medical attention is best to avoid scarring or worse.

5. The only way to be sure you are not infected with rabies is to make time to see a doctor, exams or no exams. Wouldn't you feel happier about your exams if you knew you were not infected? Is this a symptom of exam anxiety?

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2017 08:41 am
"Resulting to our heads both colliding with each other and accidentally the part of my head hit the teeth of my partner."

Don't worry about rabies from your head hitting her teeth. I would be worried about the heads colliding. And her teeth getting loosened. And your head!

Was there a coach there? Why didn 't your coach help you out with these concerns?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 07:44 pm
@Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
Josiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wrote:
Okay, so one last question, the only ones who can transmit the virus are only the ones who have the virus itself?

Correct. Only an animal (human or otherwise) that already has rabies themselves is able to transmit the disease when they bite.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Rabies
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:03:32