Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Prize In Literature for 2017.

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 07:25 pm
Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Prize In Literature

What do you bookworms think? What is your favorite novel from this Japanese born British author?

Who would you rather have been awarded this award (if you could choose the winner yourself)?

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 07:38 pm
I can think of no one who deserves it more. Never Let Me go is about the best contemporary novel I've read in as long as I can remember. It is a narrative which reveals itself as one reads along--the artistry is amazing. It is of the type of alternative "science fiction" such as The Handmaid's Tale (the narrative is not at all similar), in which there is an alternate narrative of recent years. I won't reveal anything of it, because it's brilliance comes from how the story unfolds. It is a very sad novel, and I recommend it highly. I was very gratified to read this news today.

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1475823194i/20769495._SX540_.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Prize In Literature for 2017.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:16:45