Happy Festivus!

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:03 am
For those unfamiliar with the holiday it is celebrated on December 23rd and refered to as the holiday for the rest of us. Started when Frank Costanza got into a fight in a toy store when he and another man both grabbed for the last doll in the place. Frustrated at the commercialization of Christmas, Frank created Festivus.
http://www.karber.net/seinfeld/images/pole21.gif

Some highlights of Festivus - The Festivus Pole - Not a tree, a pole. No decorations. Tinsel is very distracting from the true meaning of the holiday. The pole is tall, silver, hollow, long, skinny, and heavy.

The Airing of Grievances - This is the part of the holiday where you tell your family and friends all the ways they have disappointed you during the year.

The Feats of Strength - This is the time during the celebration where the head of the family tests his strength against one lucky person. Festivus is not over until the head of the family is pinned. You are allowed to decline only if you have something to do instead.

http://www.crazygrrl.com/cards/card_pics/grievances_sm.gif
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 473 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:14 am
That's my kind of holiday! Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:15 am
Happy Festivus!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:16 am
Actually, my family had already incoporated the Airing of Grievances...

HAPPY FESTIVUS!!!
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:16 am
Ah, yes, from "Seinfeld."

Happy Festivus for the rest of us. :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:11 am
Lemme think about this one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:54 pm
No one wants to air their grievances? No one has a grievance against another here at A2K? Fess up today is the day to express yourself.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:57 pm
This can't be a legitimate holiday until it has an official drink...preferably multi liquor....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:38 pm
Lol!!! Hey - I actually saw a Seinfeld episode I had never seen before last night!!!! Couldn't believe it - and I missed the first 10 minutes, too. It was the one where Elaine leaves a dirty message on Jerry's answering machine as a joke.

Now I WILL have a Happy Festivus - (only it is already over, here)

Merry Festivus, all!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Festivus!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:52:04