BLIZZARD!

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:47 am
I am considering moving to Cali. There is a job opening there within my company and quite frankly, I hate the f-ing weather here so....why not? Tell me.....what is Santa Monica like?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:56 am
hehe, I went up to visit my friend in Schoolcraft, MI. It was dark and butt butt cold. Still beautiful though. Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:59 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
hehe, I went up to visit my friend in Schoolcraft, MI. It was dark and butt butt cold. Still beautiful though. Smile

When you live somewhere you tend to not see all the beautiful things other people see. Yeah, I guess it's pretty but it is more of pain in the ass than anything. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:04 am
( austin texas )

:: cracking windows to let in fresh air::

Today, i am wearing, shorts, long sleeve t-shirt no socks, no shoes. Why?? because it is 70 degrees , wind chill of 40 I think?? Just enough to make the wind cool and crisp, and enough sun to make you warm and toasty. Perfect weather. It is almost January and we have only had a hand full of days where it was COLD. ( Cold being below 40 since texans are wimps Laughing )

Not..... that I am GLOATING.. at all krisite.
NOT IN THE LEAST! Laughing
But....... MAN it is almost HOT here.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:07 am
shewolfnm wrote:
( austin texas )

:: cracking windows to let in fresh air::

Today, i am wearing, shorts, long sleeve t-shirt no socks, no shoes. Why?? because it is 70 degrees , wind chill of 40 I think?? Just enough to make the wind cool and crisp, and enough sun to make you warm and toasty. Perfect weather. It is almost January and we have only had a hand full of days where it was COLD. ( Cold being below 40 since texans are wimps Laughing )

Not..... that I am GLOATING.. at all krisite.
NOT IN THE LEAST! Laughing
But....... MAN it is almost HOT here.

Texas is BALLS HOT in the summer.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:08 am
Yes, and I'm so glad I'm leaving in May!!!

For the record though ...TX will forever be "home" to me though. Wink
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:21 am
shewolfnm, speaking of Austin ...I'm trying to convince my parents to take me to Cheesecake Factory in Austin. I can't wait to try that restaurant. I hear I'll die when I see the macaroni&cheese portions! hehe
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:46 am
I waddled outta that place...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 12:53 pm
MMMMMmmmm cheesecake factory. Oh LORD.
When you get here, call me, and we will camp out there for a WEEK! Laughing

Yes.. texas is f-king hot in the summer. I hate it here because of it. BUT in what should be the coldest time of the year , it is beautiful. Not saying we dont have crappy nasty cold weather.. We have our share.. it isjust a small share.
Usually.. I would say.. About 2 weeks worth of days spread out over the winter months are days of uncomfortable cold. No snow.. maybe a little bit of ice here and there. But never intolerable, never unbearable and never.. EVER.. are you snowed in.

Ps: I hate texas. :-)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 01:17 pm
Moving back to San Diego was the best thing I have ever done. Who says you cannot go home again. I love California and always have.

Leaving Texas was sad except I do not miss the weather just the people I knew there.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:58 pm
Sorry to interupt this warm weather chat..... I skidded off the cape and got home withjust enough daylight to shovel out my parking lot, my front and back porches and the sidewalk in front of my house which were all burried under 8-15 inches of snow.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:12 pm
panzade wrote:
I waddled outta that place...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/55253129841d0659877a23.jpg
With that new avatar of yours, I'll bet you waddle everywhere you go!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:14 pm
littlek wrote:
Sorry to interupt this warm weather chat..... I skidded off the cape and got home withjust enough daylight to shovel out my parking lot, my front and back porches and the sidewalk in front of my house which were all burried under 8-15 inches of snow.

Didn't your housemates do any shoveling?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:18 pm
Noooope. They're scarce.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:25 pm
I went outside fer a smoke about 10:00 in Kingston, an' then laid down fer a nap. At noon, i went out to clear the snow off the cars. There was an inch of snow on them . . . in two hours . . . glad we left . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:26 pm
We were getting 2 inches per hour at points on cape cod. Serious snow. And it didn't melt off like it usually does.

Didn't OH get hit pretty good as well?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:29 pm
Beats hell outta me . . . it was coldern' a well digger's ass when i left, but no blizzard . . . that was ten days ago . . . if i can find my jeep in long-term parking at the airport tomorrow, i'll consider myself fortunate . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
Is long-term parking covered?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:33 pm
I hope not . . . we'll see . . .

(Disclaimer: the foregoing was intentionally obtuse.)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:47 pm
Where'd you fly out of, Set? Columbus and Cincinnati got hit bad, Cleveland less so.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » BLIZZARD!
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:19:33