Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 11:54 am
Guys, can we just get a GoFundMe together and send Osso a new computer?

Cycloptichorn
roger

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 01:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I recall you did something like that for Seed, but don't recall how it all worked out.

Earlier in the thread, I think she said she got some sort of new computer, maybe PC, but hadn't gotten it set up. I had a hard drive crash a couple of weeks ago, and it took almost that long to get it back to some sort of functionality. That's not counting what went it took to mostly reconstruct the accounting program.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 02:18 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thanks, Cyclo. I'd rather handle it. If I wouldn't like it for whatever picky reason, we might get mutually pissed off, while most of us mean well. I can handle payments, especially if I start selling things I seriously need to sell, starting with my paintings (need to pick up a gallery}, but also other stuff, if I would just act. I should work up neighborhood cohorts in some kind of group sales. Woman needs to get herself in gear.

I've sold plenty in the past; though I split receipts with my business partner in later years, the numbers weren't bad. Hah, I sold a painting at Venice's Rose Cafe for $1200. way back when, guessing late seventies.

I've avoided it and am an odd mix re selling on some sites as I'm chary about people coming to my house.. by now, I'm in pretty fair physical shape health wise, if I do say so, knock wood, but due to my long time eyesight mishuggana (I spell that differently each time), I feel and am more vulnerable at my fine age. I somewhat hold on to stuff for balance, with a light touch, just a finger, but a visible one.

Anyway, I don't want a Go Fund Me, though thank you for the thought. I need to get myself in action.

I did realize rather too late that I am far more comfy with a mac, hard as that can be for non-mackers to figure out. I wasn't that clear about that myself, until it became time to say goodbye to my circa 16 year old machina.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 02:23 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Do you need a full computer? A tablet would be pretty cheap and you can do a whole ton of stuff on them. I have a newer iPad that was about $350 and it is super fast and fun to use. Bit hard to type on a but a bluetooth keyboard fixes that right up.

Anyway, if you change your mind lemme know and I'll set one up for you. It basically would just give you cash to buy whatever you like so there's no risk of someone else picking out the wrong thing.

Cheers
Cyclo
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 02:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I doubt I need a full computer, I'm way out of that. I like to talk with a2k folks. I do read news, usually world wide, pro or con.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:21:38