Cheated on by my boyfriend of 11 years

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 08:55 pm
I'm writing to ask if someone has gone through this or something similar and if so, what did you do? I've been with my man for 11 years now and I have 3 kids with him. They're ages 10, 8,, and 2. Ovee two years ago when I was 7 months pregnant he started cheating on me with a coworker, that was May 2015. I didn't find out about it until a year and 10 months later which was March 11th 2017, a day after my birthday..💔 I did have them feelings where I felt he was cheating because his showers got longer and he started clean shaving a lot more and I noticed he was also shaving his pubic hair. He started wearing nicer clothes and left the house smelling like a whore house, which he had NEVER done before. I would say things to him like, I know your cheating, or, if you're and want to talk and be with someone else tell me so we can end this now. His response was always no. That I was crazy because he has his family and he would never do something like that. Well we didn't have sex much that should have been a red flag for me. I was pregnant though so I dismissed it. Normally during the six week recovery after a baby he would have been trying to do something with me but no he didn't. Now I know it's because he was getting it from someone else. Fast forward to January 2017 when I looked at his check stub which is what I should have done all along, but I didn't because I trusted him. He had taken off and used his vacation hours and I noticed his check was way to small that week for the time that he was gone and supposedly at work. I said to him I know somethings up and asked him if he had anything to say. He said he came home. Which is a lie. I said ok, I'm calculating your hours from here on out. He had gotten very angry and upset. Asking. What am I a kid to you. My thoughts were no, but your hours are off, and if you have nothing to hide then why are you so upset about it. He still took an hour to come home a couple times or one time some weeks and we had big arguments over it. I threatened that I will be watching him after work when he least expects it and I will find out whatevers was going on. Which is what I think is the reason he ended things with his mistress. This was the end of February when he called it off with her. So about 6 weeks after I found the hours not right and started writing them down everyday. His mistress was upset and texted him on March 11th at 1 in the morning and I asked him who was that and he was silent I asked to see his phone and there was no message. He deleted it. Boy did we argue that night. He had no expiation for the deleted message. But I knew it was a woman. And why delete something unless you're trying to hide something. The next day I looked at his phone again, and sure enough there was a number a missed call at 1 in the morning, well it was a answered and hung up phone call because it was a 1 second duration. I said ow yes I found it. I said the number aloud and his face was like he had seen a ghost. I called her right away from my house phone. She answered and said everything. They had sex multiple times over the almost two years. My first question was, Did he use a condom. Nope he didn't. Eewww I was disgusted. They were having sex in my car after work. He would pick her up and take her to work. He would tell her he loved her. The jacket he would wear that supposedly his work gave to him, no. She gave to him. She lives in the same apartment complex as me. Unbelievable right?! And she was putting everything out there because he promised her that he was leaving me to be with her but called it off with her and she had already told her man that she was leaving him for another guy, because that was their plan. Was to be together she said. She wanted to get back at him for lying to her and of course I'm sure she loved (loves) him. So many things went through me. Sadness, hate, lonely inside, empty, I couldn't breathe for a moment. I still get like this at times. Everything was sinking in and my gut was in knots. Heartache I never felt before. I never knew my heart would really hurt. I could actually feel the pain. He was pleading he was sorry, he cried to me. But I feel like I can't and will never forgive him. I still love him but not the same. I think I hate him more then I love him. Which is so sad to me because I hoped for him to be my one and only forever. As memories come back to me from when I had suspicions, it's like an over and over never ending thing in my memory. He came home sweating through his shirt and blamed it on a hard day at work. More like a hard after work. I hate him for this I really do . How could he do this to me. My heart will never be the same. My trust will never be the same. He even had me buy him from the store, a birthday present for his girlfriend, which I didn't know at the time. It wasn't until after finding out and thinking about everything and remembering the girly alcohol bottle a few months back he wanted for his guy friend at work he said. He was gay so I didn't think nothing. When I did ask him who was that bottle really for, surprisingly he answered with the truth that it was for her. The other girl. Ugh. I'm heartbroken! I don't know what to do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,693 • Replies: 11

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 09:30 pm
This must be awful for you.

It is now Seot 2017. What has happened lately?

LoveBug3

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 09:53 pm
@PUNKEY,
It really is. It's been 6 months since I've found out and the pain hasn't eased up at all. If anything it feels worse as the months go on. We are still living together but we don't sleep next to each other anymore. He asks me often to come sleep next to him but I can't because then I will be crying just from the touch of him. The touch that I miss so much but to me he's not the same person and my heart is in pieces because of him. If that makes any sense. He's not the person I fell in love with and I never thought his heart could do something like this to the one he loves. I'm so lost and I feel I will never heal if I stay with him. Once trust is broken I don't know if there's any way of getting it back. I believe that he would do this again. He's sorry not for what he did but for getting caught.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:32 pm
@LoveBug3,
You really need to get thru this ( notice I didn't say "get over" this)

Have you tried counseling?

I did notice in your post that he is with YOU and he felt remorse and pleaded to keep things together. He is where he wants to be. Do you believe that?

If you DO then work to make things better at home and hold on to your man.

If you DON'T then ask him to leave and prepare yourself for being a single mom.

LoveBug3

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 01:25 am
@PUNKEY,
I'm trying my hardest everyday to get through it, but everyday I hate him more and more. The more he wants to keep trying I'm backing away. He can't answer the question of why he did it. And especially why with someone so much uglier than me, also way older too. After 11 years and 3 kids later what relationship doesn't have ups and downs. But go cheat cause of it, that's not the answer. I feel it would be much easier being a single mom then to stick it out and try with him. I know he loves me and wants to be with me, but then he will think he got away with this and do it again when he thinks he won't get caught. I gave and do ask him to leave because I can't be with him anymore and he tells me he is not leaving. To call the cops and make him leave. That's immature and embarrassing because I have neighbors. Even what he's done to me and the fact that he did this to our family is embarrassing. All the pictures I see from the past two years including my baby shower and the birth of our daughter it's all fake. It's all lies. I look at him in the picture and he can put on a great facade. Thanks for the advice and help, I've not talked to anyone about this because I don't want to look stupid to everyone because of what he did and I'm still here. Emotionally I'm not there with him but physically. It's like we are still in the relationship but once kids are in bed and people are gone, I disconnect. My brain says not to give him the satisfaction of a smile from me or happiness from me because I'm not happy. Because of him. So why should I make him happy in anyway. It's all fake. I don't think I can or should keep going through with this. I think if you cheat then you are not happy. Once your heart can hurt the one who loves you deeply and has given 11 years of her life to you and 3 baby's. How could you do that unless you don't love them anymore. He was never guilty of what he was doing until he was caught. I could never do that to him. Ever! My heart deserves better then this. That's if it ever heals.
0 Replies

LoveBug3

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 01:30 am
@PUNKEY,
Well, it's 12:30am where I'm at so I'm going to sleep, but I really liked hearing your thoughts and solutions. Also, forgot to mention that I've not been to counseling with him or by myself. But I have thought about going and maybe it can help me heal. Good night Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 05:31 am
Couple DO get thru this. Yes, Of couse, things will be different.

Please stop personalizing this. He is totally responsible for his actions. There's no reason for you to figure out why he did this. I doubt if he knows himself. Perhaps "man o pause." No need to worry about the neighbors. This does not make YOU look like a fool.

You also are under no timeline about making a decision about anything.

Question: Was the last pregnancy planned? What are your ages?

Please consider counseling. Your emotions are still so raw. You are going to make yourself physically sick. You need someone to talk to.
LoveBug3

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 05:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
I commend the couples who get through this. How I'm not sure, but I've been trying to tell myself nothing that I've done is the reasoning behind his actions, but I also feel that the normal long term relationship problems that every couple has, he can't handle, because that is why I feel he cheated. He wanted to feel like the beginning of a relationship does again, all the spark and fireworks he was missing maybe. I know you said to stop worrying about why he did it, but without knowing why, there is no way to actually know if we can fix this. Cause if he wanted the Sparks and fireworks again then like I told him. He should be in an uncommitted or not a relationship at all. I'm so scared of catching a disease and I don't trust that he even cares about it. Our last pregnancy was planned, we had two boys and really wanted a girl, and we got our girl. Which is also why I was so blinded I feel. I was blessed with a beautiful Princess and so occupied with her and our two boys that I had no time to do any snooping. (Which I shouldn't even have to do when I'm in a long term committed relationship.) That and because even with all the red flags I just thought he was trying to look good for someone and maybe flirting and talking with someone, but I didn't actually believe he would have sex with someone else. Not that it's ok to flirt with other people but it wouldn't break my heart. You're right though, I feel I am making myself physically sick. Loosing weight, getting pimples from stress which I don't ever get anymor, and just feeling ill to my stomach often. I am 27 and my boyfriend is 38 and his ugly mistress is 44. We got together when I was 16 and he was 27, I knew him since I was much younger though. He was a friend of the family. I got pregnant (unplanned) at 17 and we had our first baby boy. I gave up my whole life to be with one man forever and to have his baby and fought for our relationship until the end. My family was really upset with the age difference but Love has no age on it. As much as I fought for him and he couldn't fight for us. I'm heartbroken he was my one and only and now my whole life feels like it was thrown upside down. When I look at him a feeling and emotions of pure disgust feels my body. Which is sad to me because he is the father of my children. Even if we can't make it through this I want good feelings about him because I will have to send my children to visit him. He says to me that I am not leaving him and that if he ever caught me with another guy that he would bash his face in. Quite hypercritical of him right. I met up with his mistress in person and wouldn't even think of doing something that crazy. She even wrote crazy stuff on my car after meeting with her and I'm not going to her place doing crazy things like that. Even though I hate her with a passion. I know she hates me too because my man chose me over her. He fed her everything she wanted to hear to give it up. Counseling does sound like it could be good. After all, how can it possibly make anything worse.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 08:20 am
Look for another apartment ASAP.

Go to counseling, first by yourself, then with him.

Is there a reason you have never married?
LoveBug3

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:10 pm
@PUNKEY,
No reason. We talked about it and we were pretty much engaged for a long time without a wedding date or plans. I'm sure glad I never married him now though, and also would never marry him anymore even if we were ever able to make it work. After what he did he's lucky that I'm willing to keep things civil with him. It's all for my kids though. They are my world.
0 Replies

betrayed87

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 01:39 pm
@LoveBug3,
I had to reply to you.

My girlfriend of 14 years cheated on me. I have two kids 7 & 4.
I didn't find out until a year later, she tried to cover it up but a stranger to me approached me and told me about it.
When I saw the guy he got scared and was cowering but the next day he attacked me with his pals in front of my children.

I have all those feelings you have I know how you feel. Its horrible. I have been with her since 16 yrs old. The betrayal is the worst part... how could they... that thought was really hard to deal with. This is just a short version of what happened. If you would like to hear from me I would gladly share my story with you. You sound like you have exactly the same thoughts and feelings as I do. I wish you all the best.
LoveBug3

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2017 11:52 pm
@betrayed87,
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through the same heartache as I am, it's really tough when you love and trusted someone, to find out that they could do something like that to you and ruin their family like that. How selfish they are. I would like to hear from you about your story and how your dealing with it today. And sorry for the late response, I haven't checked back on here until now.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cheated on by my boyfriend of 11 years
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:03:50