What's your favourite dancehall tracks?

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:13 pm
no no I do still get a lot out of music -- especially live. If I see it I hear it.

If it's recorded, I have to turn it up loud enough to really piss off my neighbors to get anything out of it, and then it's mostly just the bass line.

But bass lines are a big part of why I like reggae and the rest of it (dancehall/ ska/ whatever). They have the most melodious/ interesting basslines.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
so fine, rasta... i an' i ain'ta no bloodclot, mon. mon mus' be inna touch wid da pos-ee tive vibrations...

dude, i'm gonna be doin' that all night here and drivin' my wife crazy.

:wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:22 pm
OK. <relieved> Well, sorry about not even thinking about it anyway..

Hey there was this party here in town a few weeks ago - I was gonna go with some of my colleagues, but I ... fell asleep, I think, woke up middle of the night, too late to go ... but anyway, it was a "sense" club night or so. It was set up as an innovative idea to create a club night for both the deaf and the hearing - so it did have music (the bass was mentioned like you said), as well as "moving floors", which vibrated on the beat of the music - then VJ's doing the visuals of course, as well a "smell DJ", who "spun" perfumes ... Since I didnt go, I cant tell how exactly it worked, but it sounded great ...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:29 pm
nimh wrote:
OK. <relieved> Well, sorry about not even thinking about it anyway..

Hey there was this party here in town a few weeks ago - ....but anyway, it was a "sense" club night or so. It was set up as an innovative idea to create a club night for both the deaf and the hearing - so it did have music (the bass was mentioned like you said), as well as "moving floors", which vibrated on the beat of the music - ...

that's not too far fetched. one of my early rock bands got a gig at a holiday party for "the deaf club". the singer's parents both were completely without hearing. we get there to set up and out of about a 100 people there' like 20 young folks. the rest are all geezers.

we're like; "hey, what do they want us for ???

turns out, same thing. we had a reputation for being really loud (though in retrospect, probably not too good ). the place was shaking, the geezers were hoppin' and as usual at such event's the younger ones kept slipping outside and returning with an enhanced point of view...
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:21 am
Bam Bam :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:31 am
Wow that does sound great.

DTOM, yup, I've been to many a deaf club dance party -- them things are LOUD!! E.G. stays home, or risks his own ears. ;-) When I taught at a deaf institute, K-12, the high schoolers would regularly have parties with the music cranked WAY up, and some of us younger student teachers were sent to be chaperones (or invited? I forget.) (Residential school, all of us -- including us student teachers -- stayed in dorms, so were there all day and night.) Anyway, they had all the moves their hearing peers did. The beat is the most important thing, after all.
0 Replies