Small matters can make me happy. And you?

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 12:37 pm
Tell us on this thread..

a few minutes ago, I read a news story that involved Candace Bergen.
https://www.thecut.com/2017/09/candice-bergen-donald-trump-was-a-douche-on-date.html

This reminded me of Harvey, a professor who my husband and I often went to restaurants with. Harvey knew food, but he didn't drive. I love food, but didn't drive at night, at all. John was our driver and Harvey would often pick up the bill unless we made a huge fuss, which we occasionally didn't. We were mixed in ages, Harvey a leap of years older than me; me, a leap of years older than my husband, who was a one time literature student of Harvey's. We were quite a band of proto foodies. I don't think foodie was a word back then. Anyway, we tried out small hole in the wall restaurants in the Los Angeles area. The Los Angeles area is very large, with little hole in the wall places far and wide. (Well, I hope there still are a lot of them.)

Harvey passed away in the 1990's, but before that he enjoyed a lot of his life. His wife, the 'redhead', had died years before him, but he still loved her, and that was that. But, he didn't mind seeing a beautiful woman.

He lived in their old home in "lower" Beverly Hills, their kids visiting and, I gather, quarreling, none of our business. Anyway, his daily companion was his dog Hogo.

One day he was out walking Hogo and a beautiful woman slowed her car to watch Harvey and Hogo. That was Candace Bergen. Harvey was stunned and happy, Hogo probably was too. I don't remember any detail re the trio meeting, just Harvey's happiness that she liked his dog. Hogo was part Akita, but that was all we knew.
Harvey was very happy that day, and week..
and I'm happy to remember this stuff, long time later.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 350 • Replies: 2
No top replies

centrox

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 12:56 pm
I have an animal story too. Last week I was walking to the bus station to commute to work. The route takes me through a smallish park. Not many people around at 7 am. Not many people but there was one very determined little ginger cat, which was dragging along a dead pigeon at least as big as he was. He looked so proud. It cheered me up all the way to work.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 01:00 pm
@centrox,
yeaah..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Small matters can make me happy. And you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:47:59