Bad Christmas Cards

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:15 pm
Yesterday I bought a box of Christmas cards that I planned to send to my family. The problem is that I bought them without really thinking about it, and now, I sit down to write them, and I realize that they are bad.

The front of the card is a long green alligator with a santa hat on. It says "Tis the season..."

And then on the inside it says, "...for all kinds of cheery crap."

Now, to me, that is just kind of funny, but I just realized that in the past year or so, my family has become very religious, and Jesus' birthday is probably going to be taken pretty seriously. I can't send them that card, can I?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,453 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:22 pm
well i once got a chirstmas card from my grandmother that said "hope you get well soon" i was like well maybe she put them in the wrong envolpe till i read what she wrote. To my Grandson: Hope you have a merry christmas. and i hadnt been in the hositpal at all... odd.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:28 pm
You might consider buying a few other cards, Kicky, something innocuous in a tenpack, or some such. It's a problem. Even innocuous ones can offend just that special person. Back when I was religious, light years ago and far away, I thought it was crude to send cards with Santas, etc. Or if not crude, kind of stupid.

Trust me, I can barely remember having that opinion. It's a memory of my vestigial self. But the card you have at hand seems destined to get their goats in a bundle.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:31 pm
How about the xmas cards I've been trying to unload for a couple years. I thought it was a good idea to buy Happy Solstice cards. But, I don't 'do' xmas cards and I don't do solstice cards either.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:33 pm
Bad? You want bad?

Take a piece of paper, fold it into quarters, and on the front, draw a ragged little pine tree with a green marker.

Now write "Money's tight, times are hard," under the tree. Red marker is a nice touch. On the inside write "here's your goddam christmas card."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:34 pm
ouchies.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:36 pm
i just might try that... though the last part i might leave out... see what kind of return i get
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:39 pm
Hmm - I have compromised on e-cards this year - very cute animated Jacquie someone or other. I mean, they still suck, but I like watching them, and they are fun for the recipient - and I can write rude stuff in em for people.

But no - it isn't worth sending a card that's gonna upset the goats of the folks - get them a goat-gruntler.

Life is too short to disgruntle just for the sake of it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:40 pm
roger wrote:
Bad? You want bad?

Take a piece of paper, fold it into quarters, and on the front, draw a ragged little pine tree with a green marker.

Now write "Money's tight, times are hard," under the tree. Red marker is a nice touch. On the inside write "here's your goddam christmas card."

You rat!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:43 pm
What's with the goats, dlowan?
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:43 pm
Just put JK LOL on the inside.

They'll understand.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:47 pm
Okay, so I'm screwed then. Crap. It's too late to get new cards and send them in time. Ah, screw it. No cards this year.

Man, I just realized how much I dread religious holidays now. Why can't I just be a Christain, like them!? Dammit!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:51 pm
Because you have a critical mind?

Can't you buy a rubber stamp of a xmas tree and write a nice note inside blank cardstock... <blahblahblah>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:52 pm
littlek wrote:
What's with the goats, dlowan?

ossobuco wrote:
........Trust me, I can barely remember having that opinion. It's a memory of my vestigial self. But the card you have at hand seems destined to get their goats in a bundle.

See???

I liked 'em.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:53 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay, so I'm screwed then. Crap. It's too late to get new cards and send them in time. Ah, screw it. No cards this year.

Man, I just realized how much I dread religious holidays now. Why can't I just be a Christain, like them!? Dammit!

Seriously - do they have email? Get 'em an e-card if they do.

Or not.

Get 'em a goat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:56 pm
Or make an ecard and mail it in the other envelopes, heh...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:57 pm
Goats are cute in blustery weather with their coats all buttoned up in bundles...
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:57 pm
right right... be creative and print one up
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:02 pm
I could possibly make a card at work tomorrow if it's not too busy...but won't it be too late if I don't get them out until tuesday?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:02 pm
No, that just makes me seem like a cheapskate or something.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bad Christmas Cards
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:30:06