My music makes me a Lebanese

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 04:12 pm
I'm chilling, getting ready for the upcoming night, which is going to be mucho good time.

Listening to an Ani DiFranco cd.

Yes, that's correct. I have an Ani DiFranco cd. And I kind of like it, so screw yourself.

Does this mean I should run out tomorrow, buy a Subaru Forester, put a rainbow bumper sticker, and some type of tree-hugging sticker on it?

What albums do you own, and listen to, that you wouldn't be caught cranking in your car with the windows down while pulling up to your friend's cookout?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,869 • Replies: 21
No top replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 04:33 pm
Mozart and Shubert stay at home. Norah Jones has made her way into the Jeep but that may be because it is cold out. The music definitely changes when i'm riding around with the top and doors off. Then it is typically my namesake.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 07:18 pm
Hmmm, I'm more embarassed at the stuff I used to listen to than the stuff I currently listen to. I wouldn't cruise with the windows down listening to Iron Maiden anymore.

Some of my friends' bands are bad enough that, though I enjoy listening to them, I may not want people to hear the stuff.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:21 am
Ah, I have the hit songs of '74 in the car's rotation. There's just something about belting "Ooga Chaka" etc. while riding along. Plus I have, yes, I admit it, the hit songs of Boy George and Culture Club, which includes the theme song to "The Crying Game". This one I avoid turning up when turning into a driveway so as not to give anyone a "That's Pat"-kind of vibe.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 08:27 am
Isn't AHH-neeDiFranco the sister of the other Ahnie ?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:14 am
I have no idea who's sister she is.

Then there's the cd's I own but don't listen to: New Kid's Greatest Hits, Vanilla Ice/MC Hammer "Back 2 Back Hits." Sometimes I buy crap like this for the goof.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:33 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I have no idea who's sister she is.

Then there's the cd's I own but don't listen to: New Kid's Greatest Hits, Vanilla Ice/MC Hammer "Back 2 Back Hits." Sometimes I buy crap like this for the goof.

If you don't actually own any ABBA or Bee-Gees you are so not 'walk the talk'.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 04:36 pm
Sometimes you gotta have the right cd for the territory. For example, riding through Okeechobee at night you roll down the window with Merle Haggard's "My Love Affair With Trains" safely in your stereo.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
I own the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Plenty of Bee-Gees. Good stuff to pump.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
Hey, MY music makes me Jamaican!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:25 pm
is that a lipstick lebanese or a diesel dyke lebanese?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 05:29 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
is that a lipstick lebanese or a diesel dyke lebanese?

Neither, he's an Eskimo lesbian.... a kayak.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:48 am
Listening to Cat Power makes me feel a bit like a dyke, even though I truly am a lesbian inside of a man's body.

Oh, I also have a Supremes greatest hits album, which often leads me to question my sexuality.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
Gargamel wrote:
Oh, I also have a Supremes greatest hits album, which often leads me to question my sexuality.

I surely would have thought it would be your penchant for blowing men, that would have you questioning your sexuality.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:20 pm
I only blow men for crack--it's a drug addiction, and has nothing to do with my sexuality.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 06:23 pm
I have a couple of odd albums. One is by a band called the wives. ON the cover is a pregnant demoness in a little black dress. On the back are the three chicks in the band pretending to pee into urinals (standing up). Even the producer is a woman.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 07:41 pm
Pregnant demoness, and women peeing standing up...you sure this isn't a reflection of your magazine collection?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 07:54 pm
I thought it was the 'Dixie Chicks'........ or was it the Supremes after Diana left?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:06 pm
I'm with Panzade about the safety of rolling the windows down cruising through "MY" mountains with some Merle or Hank, but I wouldn't be caught dead listening to that Boy Band Crap.

I guess I'd have to say that my most out of the ordinary for me is my Etta James, Percy Sledge and Otis Redding Cd's that I love dearly. I can put them in and my kids roll thier eyes...along with some of my friends. They just don't know good music.........ha

~~~~~~~> Singing " In these arms of mine"..........lol :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 09:34 pm
No, Slappy, my magazines are about nature and science.
0 Replies