Christmas sucks, New Year's Eve rules, so there!

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:47 pm
Good things about Christmas: You get gifts. Okay, that's pretty cool, but after that, what have you really got? You get together with the people you love. But along with the people that you love, there are always others that make you want to plunge a fork into their heads. You also get to experience the joy of giving at Christmas time. Huh? Joy of giving? That's just crazy!

Okay, now New Year's Eve. The biggest party night of the year, and drunk women are just everywhere.

No contest.

New Year's Eve kicks Christmas' ass! Ha! So there, all ye merry gentlefolk! Stick that in your frickin' Christmas stockings!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,529 • Replies: 54
No top replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:53 pm
Agreed. Christmas is annoying and detracts from the main event.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 07:55 pm
What's this about kicky wearing stockings?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:30 pm
OOooohhh, do you think he wears the kind with little candy canes and wreaths on them? Do you think he hides them? Or does he show them off?
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:43 pm
New Years Eve since I dont celebrate xmas.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:44 pm
i am pulling away from chirstmas because the magic is falling away... the ads come way to soon as does the music... though im not much of a drinker... its always fun to watch drunk people
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:49 pm
Ive ebbed and waned in my view of xmas. Now that I have a young neice and nephew, it's more fun again. We adults have toned down the gift-giving aspect, which helps.

NYE makes me want to hide away. I dunno what I'll be doing for it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 08:50 pm
100% agreed.

Christmas: get to go out and spend more money than I can afford buying gifts for people I have no idea how to shop for. Granted, I get it all back in gifts, but still. I've got pretty much everything I need. And just get together with the same people I did a month before on Thanksgiving.

New Year's: go out and get hammered with friends, and attempt to make out with multiple women. If I'm lucky and wake up next to a woman, hopefully it is not someone I have to immediately throw out while vomiting on myself.

Gee....

At least being single made this December a lot cheaper.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:56 pm
The gifting doesn't do much for me, though it's fun watching the dogs helping people unwrap things.

I like being with hamburger, mrs. hamburger, setanta, the dogs, friends. That's what the time's about for me. Being with people I love, and like, and who are entertaining.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:00 pm
Christmas.
Ug.

Im not christian. noone in my family is
Yet christmas is suuuch a big deal in my house.
God I hate it.
I loose money. Get gifts that even walmart wouldnt sell in clearance and the people.. OH GOOD GRIEF.
I hate christmas.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:39 pm
Now, that I'm older, I prefer Christmas over New Years Eve.
NYE for me, is a time to reflect on the past year and remember the good, the bad, and the ugly times. It mostly
makes me melancholic and I don't want to spend it somewhere at a party with tons of strangers who get drunk
and stumble nonsense.

In my 20s, I partied a lot on NYE since my brother has birthday on January 1st. So I did my fair share of partying,
let someone else take over. I gladly step aside.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:40 pm
holidays make for great reasons to have some kinky sex.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:59 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Now, that I'm older, I prefer Christmas over New Years Eve.

I'm not sure whether that means I'm still young, or that I'm incredibly immature. Hmmm....I have a feeling I know which one you are going to pick...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:20 pm
Hehe, I think we're not too far apart (agewise) so yes,
I pick the one you thought I pick anyway Mr. Green
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:25 pm
Actually kicky, I don't need a specific date to party.
Last June I was in your favorite country (Italy) and
teamed up with some friends there. While it was raining
we found a wine grotto and stayed there and partied
until closing time.

So, I still can do it, but it won't be NYE. Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:39 pm
Yeah, baby! Actually, I have no idea what I'm doing this year yet. I just hope I'm not hanging out in my apartment watching that damn ball drop alone. Last year I went out on a blind date early in the evening, which turned out to be pretty fun, and then I met my friends at an italian restaurant and just ended up eating too much and not drinking enough, which wasn't so much fun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:39 pm
wine grotto in Italy? getting suitcase out..

I picked NYE, but I also like NYday. I no longer do the party thing on NYE, but have friends to dinner, usually. This year my seventeen year old niece will be visiting... she and I always have talkathons when she visits.

NYDay is a problem this year, in that our local Old Town is having the Arts Alive event that day (nuts, I say, just nuts; they say, we always do it on the first Saturday..) and so we are actually having an art opening (mumble, sputter). We have expectations of no one showing up, instead of the usual few hundred; doing an opening is fun, mostly, but tiring, not what I want to do on that day, sheesh.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:45 pm
That is just plain idiotic. I mean the New Year's Day opening, of course. I wonder how cheap a trip to Italy would be around New Year's Eve? That's totally off-season, right? Hmmm...maybe one of these years.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:47 pm
Right. Getting gifts for people you don't know how to shop for. Getting gifts from people who don't know how to shop for you.

Gee, my first year on the current job, my office accomplice got me a device that combined the functions of automotive vacuum cleaner, flashlight, and emergency beacon. Now, if it had had a compass and emergency whistle, . . . .

On the up side, it got better in later years. It had to!

What fun. Both holidays fall on a Sunday. January 2 should be a hot time in the oil patch. Not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 11:50 pm
They do? I thought it was Saturday...

hmmm.

Flights should be cheapo, Kicky..

I was in Rome in February once. Brrrrrrrrrrr. On the other hand, that is a southern californian view. And the good thing is, not so many f/tourists.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Christmas sucks, New Year's Eve rules, so there!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:18:24