0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:32 pm
<nodding>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:42 pm
It's true, it's worthwhile.

Not to nag old friends, but to keep up, say once a year. I have no pov that one should do it in December, but do it sometime.

I did it in a big way after my divorce and moving north, as I had a clue I was moving toward isolation.

but no, I have these totally encompassing notes already this season. And most of my pals are not any longer religious, though some are. I think people are more propelled to say something round about now, where ever their views are presently landing.

Sharon.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:48 pm
Though this will show my age (the fact that i am young) I hate how when you go from say elementry, to middle school, to highschool, there is always a change in friendships. the cool kids go with the cool kids the jocks witht he jocks and the nerds with the nerds. and at one time everyone was friends with everyone. there were not desinated areas.. no cliques... but as time goes on you loose track of people your bonds are no longer as strong. Now im 22 and i have moved several, several times, and i recently found old personal adress books that i got information from those i wanted to keep in touch with. its a shame to remember how many of them i actually kept in contact with. eh im down walking down memory lane right now... im starting to depress myself.

Seed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:48 pm
Well, to explain, she didn't care about nylons or .. well, she was messy-ish, and since I am too, I feel the need to point this out, that she was, despite my mention of the beaker drop, uncommonly accurate. Very astute, in a laconic way.
Y'know, the best way.

This may seem an odd comment, but some people are neat and tidy, and some are slobs, seemingly. People like Sharon were pinpoint accurate, and some tidy people aren't so. One of my memories of her was of her accuracy once she paid attention.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:54 pm
Superjuly, I just found your thread--it's a great and thoughtful idea. Is there any room left in the tree? Forget about the Inn, too pricey.

Osso, your reminiscence about Sharon is touching and beautiful. My sympathy and my thanks for your words. You are a good friend.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:59 pm
On top of xmas we have the end of the year and the prospect of begining a new one. It's not so surprising that we think about the past now.

Man, I really should write Julie.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:03 pm
I realize I've freaked out.

Backing off.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:04 pm
i dont think so osso... just maybe opened up a little is all
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:04 pm
Freaked out? Hardly. I hope you're feeling ok. Are you freaked out there at your computer?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:05 pm
There's plenty of room... :wink:
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:23 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/xmaspict427.gif

MERRY HOLIDAYS AND NEW YEAR'S GRINS!
[/size]
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:36 pm
No, I'm not personally freaked, I'm comfortable.

But I don't mean to throw others off by my posts and the emotion that sometimes comes with them.

I just had a need to have anybody at all notice Sharon tonight, once I read that mail, and I am glad you all were here.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 05:45 am
Merry Christmas, everyone...!

Osso...
Your memories of your dear friend Sharon are beautiful. It's an honor for everyone here that you let us know her through those memories. I'm sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:26 am
Fourth Advent tomorrow, and time to take another snapshot of the tree right now!

Very Happy

OssoB, it was kinda nice to come in here this morning and to listen to you and seed and littlek talking. Friends share like this around the tree. It's real.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 01:53 pm
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 02:38 pm
Seasonally appropriate platitudes are heartilly extended to all in whatever fashion as may be most politically correct by the sensibilities of the parties addressed. Those who wish to be exempt from the offering and/or acceptance of such sentiments, or who take issue with the derivation thereof, are invited to consider themselves unreferrenced.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 02:54 pm
please join us timber for some appropriate punch and seasonably platitudinal cookies....and best of whatever f*#king season it may be... :wink:
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 03:50 pm
I've made my punch a tad more... appropriate, got my recently acquired
copy of "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" playing, and have just finished
wrapping the Lovely Bride's presents. Time to relax till she gets back from
the store.

Wassail!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2004 08:09 pm
I think we're all being a little selfish here. We're sitting around drinking wine, talking about old times, listening to fine music, and the whole time Superjuly is slaving away on that damn Christmas tree.

It's a lot of work on her part and, dammit, I think she did a pretty good job -- a mighty fine-looking tree.

I printed the tree, enlarged it, and it now adorns the corner of my shack.

Thanks, July.... hell of a job!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 12:17:31