A2K Christmas card. Please sign.

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 02:59 pm
I say it the way it's spelled....sandwich.....people usually harrass me for it though....lol
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:15 pm
Me, I'd rather eat 'em than talk about 'em, mostly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:18 pm
Setanta's a sammich-sayin' fella.
He's not from around here.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 04:38 pm
Sa'witch is not an uncommon pronunciation hereabouts. Some of these people sound like they have permanent head colds.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 05:37 pm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Sammiches . . .
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:05 pm
Doesn't Fred Penner sing a song about sandwiches?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:25 pm
My Holiday Card for you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:38 pm
a tree and a card and sammiches

Very Happy
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:59 pm
Merry Christmas Setanta!

How did this thread get stuck on sanwiches?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:02 pm
i leave sammiches for santa and his riendeer every year
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 07:16 pm
Very nice Husker, thank you. Hope you have a nice holiday too Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:04 pm
Enjoy your holiday break, all you A2Kers out there! Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 08:39 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
I think we are now all warm and cuddly under the tree. Please pass the macaroons and sit down so I can see the movie on the TV,,,,, oh good, it's a Christmas Story which is MY life on film.

Oh goodie! This is one of my favorite films. Sort of a cross between It's A Wonderful Life, Easy Rider and A Mighty Wind. Be sure to pass me a kleenex when we get to the part about selling everything and moving to New York City. That part always gets to me. <sniff>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 09:59 pm
My family, of which not all so much is left, a bunch of cousins that I keep snagging.. at least one group is always efficient, as I get birthday notices for me more than a month early, and c/cards early too. The cousin who sends them has and is an expert in ADHD. But then I understand her to be making up for confusion with stultifying organization.

It's a little cold. No one wants efficient christmas cards...

It is hard to get through to her. When I call, I get this twenty minutes of recitation, and looking back, that is how it has mostly always been. So... that... she/they... don't know me very well.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:01 pm
i myself enjoy getting christmas cards well into the new year... its makes me feel like im loved
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:09 pm
Seed, glad to hear that. I don't even think of sending notes out until days after christmas, days after new year.

One of my favorite holiday cards comes once a year, for all these years, an original drawing by a landscape architect friend who has mapped the Santa Susanna mountains and much of the west... well, original on a photocopy. But still.

He drives all/most of the small roads of the western US....

and I get that holiday drawing/card round about March.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:11 pm
splendid osso would love to see that... maybe you can scan the pic for us... all the small roads? what a task that must be.. and what fun as well
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:13 pm
Wow, what a super(july) idea!

Happy holidays and good health to all!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:23 pm
I did receive a holiday letter tonight, when I got home after work, that shut up some of my equilibrium. Sharon died, and I didn't know about it.

So.... Sharon and I exchanged letters, mostly at holiday time, for a few decades. We remembered each other well.

We started out as techs in this godforsaken clinical lab in Beverly Hills, me trying to get a job where I could learn more hematology, and she, well, I don't remember why. But we were immediately pals as techs there, along with a couple of other techs, and Nat Mayweather, the driver, who sang along perfectly with Sharon in motownsounds. For me, I liked and barely knew Nimi Nomoangolo, from Camaroon, and a couple of other people. Was an interesting lab... that was where I dodged taking Jim Morrison's premaritals and got Marilyn to do it.

Anyway, when I went back to UCLA I recommended Sharon to m'boss and she was hired. She was both a mess and efficient, my favorite type of person.

I will never forget, the time NIH came to review our lab, and we techs knew it but didn't care all so much, compared to our bosses, who did - well, we cared, but continued to breathe. I have this vision of Sharon pouring a sephadex column - standing on the lab bench to do it, when the NIH guys came in and she dropped the beaker. Not a small beaker, but a gallon beaker....

Whatever, we got the grant, and later did well by it, and the sephadex column was only a break in the day.

God rest Sharon.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 10:28 pm
Nice tribute, Osso.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:42:25