The records in Genesis is not true

TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 02:18 pm
@Leadfoot,
It would be harder in modern times because people in general can read, and there is simply more recorded information. In ancient times it was easier for those in authority to make false historical claims. i.e. the claim by the Romans that Pontius Pilate (and therefor the Roman Empire) had no responsibility for the execution of Jesus.
After Constantine adopted Christianity as the official state religion, they had to make Rome's part in those events more benign, so they wrote it right into the New Testament.
Everyone alive during those events was long dead and no written records existed. Who was to dispute the Roman's version?
Once the books of the official Bible were chosen (by the Roman authorities), disputing their validity became a crime.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 08:21 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
Everyone alive during those events was long dead and no written records existed. Who was to dispute the Roman's version?

No records existed ? You are joking, right?

Besides, it was the Roman conspiracy that I was saying would be hard to cover up. We know Nero's sex habits. We know detailed stuff about Plato that would boggle your mind. Word gets around.
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 5 Sep, 2017 08:27 pm
@Leadfoot,
No. The official records were in the hands of the authorities; the Romans. Who would have kept any written records besides them? There was an oral tradition kept by Jesus' followers, but by then it was three hundred years old, so how accurate could it be? You know the written record trumps the oral, so yeah there was no challenge to the word of the Romans.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2017 07:52 am
@TomTomBinks,
Now I know you're joking.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:58:38