The Darkness

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 06:48 am
Have you guys heard of The Darkness?
They are relatively new in the UK but have taken it by storm.They are a glam rock,micky tk band with reat songs.

Keep an ear out for them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 699 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 11:39 am
Yeah,

They haven't made it that big over here. I mean, Rolling Stone and Spin have given them some magazine space, and they had a video that got a lot of play on MTV2.

I need to hear more of their stuff before I can honestly dismiss them as a gimmick or Queen rip-off.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 11:54 am
you're kidding about the new part right? They took the UK by storm last year and their first American tour sold out all over the place.....they f*#king rock!!!!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 05:31 am
Relatively new as in they havebeen around for 4 years and made it big here just over a year ago in comparison to the Rollong Stones who have been going for 40ish years.

Im glad they are doing well over there,I dont here much from out of the country but they are well liked over here.

Ive liked all there singles so far but I think they will always be remembered for 'I believe in a thing called love'.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 09:20 am
Get your hands off my woman mother f*#ker.......

warm sentiments indeed... I love these guys....
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:21 pm
I love the Darkness....Justin Hawkins has got that ugly/handsome thing going on......phew! I heard recently that he'd been in a fight and injured his (guitar pickin') hand. Anybody know anything? Also, I thought it was quite telling (of the rock estabishment) that 'ego on legs' Bono had insisted on re-recording the 'tonight thank god' line in Do They Know it's Xmas? after Justin did it perfect justice. :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:26 pm
They suck. In five years you'll be going, "Hey, remember that idiotic song by that one-hit wonder group, The Darkness? God, they were horrible, weren't they?"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 01:05 pm
they may have a short career...but they rocked while they were here......common tale...
0 Replies