Wife has found her soul mate

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 01:34 am
We have been married for 21 years and had 4 kids. Our common friends set us up by telling us one had a crush on each other. We dated and we somehow clicked and soon got married after graduation. We were happy and had a child a year after. We soon got busy with family and work and neglected our marriage. After 4 yrs, she had an affairs with a co worker who impregnated her. It was a very painful experience for me but we made up and she said sorry. I accepted her back and tried to forget about it. It helped that we moved away in a far place. We had two more children and lived as a happy family. Our children except one are doing poorly at school and was sometimes a cause of tension. She is a strict disciplinarian with a viscious tongue while I'm a liberal and happy go lucky type of guy. We often clash about values and how to raise our kids. A year ago, we bought a new house and it put a lot of stress in our relationship as we have different ideas and opinions about it. Then it happened, I noticed she was different. She became secretive, she was always up late in evening texting someone and seem very upset all the time. I found out that she is chatting with another guy, our engineer and it was very personal. Confronting them both they told me it was just friendship. I did not believe because the texts didn't seem like pure friendship. We quarreled about this many times and she said she is unhappy with me. It's been over a year now although I think the worse is over.. I still can't get over the thought that she still sees this person and even goes to him every other day to ride a bike, just the two of them while I join my male friend or my children and we ride our bikes too but in a different place. Lately I saw his guy friend wearing same bike apparel as my wife color and design that she bought for him. When asked why she said he asked her to buy one for him and he apparently paid for it she claimed. This naturally incensed me but for the sake of peace and harmony at home I let it pass. Our children knows that their parents are having a rocky marriage as they are sometimes witness to these bitter fights. They are all in their teens now. I have always feelings of insecurity, doubts and I can't restore the trust I have for her before. Contemplating of ending it but I'm sad for our children and I don't want them to have a broken family but deep inside I'm dying and always feel irrelevant and useless to my wife who has no remorse and even blames me why she strayed but wouldn't admit to any infidelity. I wish I know what to do and hoping I can find answers, insights from others' perspective. Thanks

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 07:13 am
@Montserrat,
Sounds like it's time for marriage counseling or a divorce.
Montserrat

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 07:53 am
@tibbleinparadise,
She refuses counseling and thinks it's a waste of time. We did counseling the first time around when she strayed four years into our marriage.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 09:13 am
I'm surprised that you think it's better for kids to witness a loveless, untrustworthy, stressed out, unhappy marriage than see two independently happy adults who can pay attention to them.

Come on - what's the REAL reason you stay in this intolerable marriage?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 09:36 am
@Montserrat,
Go for counselling on your own - and perhaps also counselling with the children. They need support around this at least as much as you do.

You, and they, need to understand why you are willing to stay in the situation you are in. You , and they, also need to learn the impact on them - longterm - of their parents being in a bad relationship.
Montserrat

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 03:05 pm
@PUNKEY,
I'm staying because I am still hopeful that things will get better between us and that she will come back to her senses. We are both unhappy but I know we are BOTH trying to make this work. We also try to show some affection like kissing before going to work, going to church together as we are both from a conservative family, embracing and not getting into fights in front of the children. And we do occasionally have sex.
0 Replies

Montserrat

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 03:16 pm
@ehBeth,
I did went for counseling myself and naturally the counselor asked for my wife's side of the story which she refused to give. My wife even thought I bad-mouthed her. In the end, the counselor told me to be firm and ask her to choose, you and your family or the other guy? But cautioned me to be ready for the consequences. I said I can't do that right now because I'm to afraid she'd choose the other guy. I know how he makes her feel good and alive and there's nothing gonna make her choose to go back to unhappy miserable life with me.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 04:30 pm
@Montserrat,
Quote:
She is a strict disciplinarian with a viscious tongue

Quote:
Our children knows that their parents are having a rocky marriage as they are sometimes witness to these bitter fights.

Quote:
They are all in their teens now

Quote:
I'm sad for our children and I don't want them to have a broken family but deep inside I'm dying and always feel irrelevant and useless to my wife

Quote:
We have sex occasionally

Your children are teenagers, they have seen the fights, they have experienced your wife's tolerance or lack of.

Your wife chooses to bike ride with another man, instead of her own children, how do you sincerely think that makes the children feel ?

You need to be strong and stop looking at 21 years, occasional sex, a loveless marriage and one where she blames you, you know the "blame game" that way she can keep doing what she's doing.. People only blame someone else, so they have no guilt.

You've tried Counselling it didn't work.

Your children know the score they see it, they aren't stupid.

They also see your broken soul.

They see their Mum chooses someone else over them.

So what are you going to do about it?

You either gain a great sex appetite and shock the shirt out of her and start laughing and changing ... Why would you do that? You two haven't been on the same page since you met, you are two different people.

You deserve happiness as well don't you?

Kids will be fine.

Separate even if you still live together, explain that to the kids, start going out yourself and have her look after them let her see that you are ready to move on and it's your life too.

She sees you as someone that will accept what ever she wants to do, whilst you hide in a corner and take care of things and feel sad, lonely, un-loved.

You have a voice, you are a man, you have a life, go lead it.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 08:56 pm
@Montserrat,
Montserrat wrote:
I said I can't do that right now because I'm to afraid she'd choose the other guy.

it is hard to see (from your description) what the downside of that would be

__

it would give you the opportunity to meet someone who loves you and actively chooses to be with you

it would show the children that you have self-respect and choose happiness over being miserable for no good reason

you are deluding yourself if you don't realize that your children know that you and your wife are both unhappy
Montserrat

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 06:59 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you for your advice. I'm seriously considering seeing other people too but afraid to trust again. Probably it will take time. Yeah, my youngest teen always asks me if I'm ok coz she said I looked sad and quiet most of the time.
0 Replies

Montserrat

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 07:03 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Exactly what my best friend tells me..be a man. Thanks for the advice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wife has found her soul mate
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:29:26